North Stand Construction Thread

. like other clubs have done a new trust should be set up to raise money just for this stand. its not simons fault they withdrew 700k. so let's keep this thread positive. please

not being negative its the more likely outcome, asking fans to raise 700k is pie in the sky be like asking our average home following to chip in £200 each and that includes the kids, positivity is great but get back in the real world.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sell Stand/Stadium naming rights to raise money.

Not sure how much you could get for that...

Pretty sure that this has been explored dont know what sort of money would buy the rights to one stand, suspect any possible sponser would only come on board once we have the final complete product.

He will be sold but will no doubt go for more like 100/200 k still leaves a shortfall unless city/richards do the honourable thing and part company for about 10 million :)

Well Sagna is allegedly off to City so surely time for Richards to go but the days of him being worth £10m have long gone

Well Sagna is allegedly off to City so surely time for Richards to go but the days of him being worth £10m have long gone

His agent must be the worst in history...

Well our history, and of course you ahve to ignore the deal he got at City for my assertion to be valid.

But apart from that, his agent is hopeless.

he is only 25 full england international would say 10 million wouldnt be too far away from his real value, plenty interested in him at home and abroad only stumbling block is he doesnt want to move but pellegrini doesnt seem to rate him.

only problem we have is that he is out of contract at end of next season, with our luck he will sit it out and leave on a free!!!

nailed on :thumbsdown:

He'll only be 26, and get a bumper signing on fee, wherever he goes.

But, he'd be leaving City just as the start to win things more regularly, so hopefully at least he re-signs if he is not sold.

Even more nailed on he just stays with City til he retires

Strip away how long it's taken, and everything else around it.

I love that we are now getting pictures like this

Bjk6W-1IMAA4sQm.jpg

It represents progress, freshness.

It'll feel great to have a 4-sided Boundary Park again, with a nice new stand.

It's not exactly big, although it will block your view.

Wouldn't it have been better to put as much of the money earning units in place before the seats and concourse, with the money available, At least some income would be forthcoming.

Short term the extra season ticket sales and feel good factor might be more important

What I don't get is why aren't they selling the seats? Buy the seat and guarantee that position for a season ticket - my money is ready...

This is a good idea, pay £20 (or something) get first dibs. Then again they may, for once, be sticking with the promise they made about those who had STs in the Lookers in its last year getting first dibs.

I thought it would look something like Preston's smaller stand, then I realised that it's twice the size of our new one.

It's going to look tiny but anything will do at this point.

It was never about the size of the seating area. It was about the facilities (which hopefully will be put in sooner than later...)

Living within our means I think, no point building a massive stand with no-one in it.

Archived