North Stand Construction Thread

I am a guest in a box on Saturday, can anybody confirm if the seat is on the inside or outside of the box, so i know it to take a coat if outside?

Ty in advance.

Not sure you'll get a conclusive answer here just a lot of guessing and 'I heard' thoughts. Call the club to be sure or whoever your a guest of in the box.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which suite is it that people can use before the game ?

To my knowledge none yet. Only the 100 club members & visitors in the boxes can do as of now! (The Broadway Suite)

I am a guest in a box on Saturday, can anybody confirm if the seat is on the inside or outside of the box, so i know it to take a coat if outside?

Ty in advance.

I believe you can move outside if you wish!

Think the directors chose to stay in the main stand

There is definately a (larger) box in the North Stand for them to use-I have no idea on time schedule though

http://oldhameventcentre.co.uk/

Bloody fantastic.....yes it was a bloody fantastic night at the winter wonderland event last night.

We were greated by the event manager and a lady board member of the club, taken to our room which was decked out, was sung to by a singer who sang all the swing numbers from the rat pack and then a lovely, three course meal cooked by master chef Simon wood and his team. Lastly, we threw some shapes on the dance floor too with a good DJ.

Other than a bit of fine tuning, bearing mind it was the opening event. The staff did well. Also the united and city fans amongst us did not burst into flames by crossing over the threshold of BP....okay maybe not so perfect after all..ha

Oldham chron sent a photographer so hopefully some positive press too.

The boxes are prepped too from what I saw on the corridor.

So it's now rolling on to the footy and the festive fun day...I'll be just about recovered to shake a bucket near the north stand.

See you then...

It will be interesting to see how many of the posters on here who are normally itching at the keyboard to repeat bad news about the stand and club, come on to post positive comments after the apparent success of the (albeit delayed) opening night!

There is salvation for them though. We will all get absolutely soaked this afternoon.....should enable talk of not fit for purpose

It will be interesting to see how many of the posters on here who are normally itching at the keyboard to repeat bad news about the stand and club, come on to post positive comments after the apparent success of the (albeit delayed) opening night!

People have had every right to complain though.

Now its open onwards and upwards hopefully

Whilst I am not one of the above it is quite difficult to write about the sucess of something that is 4 months late!

I'm pretty certain SC will partly attribute the stand delays to the disappoints of this SEason if and when he comes out of hiding

Anyway now that we have a functioning stand and SD shop I look forward to us splashing the cash in Jan following our improved budget......that's what Mr Corney said isn't it?

To be fair its normally the only place I can find any news good or bad about the Stand. Glad its up and running now lets hope it coincides with our fortunes changing for the better on the pitch as well.

How can you bring good news when there have delays labourers walking off the job? I've tried to bring good news like last week but it is very rare.

Whilst I am not one of the above it is quite difficult to write about the sucess of something that is 4 months late!

I'm pretty certain SC will partly attribute the stand delays to the disappoints of this SEason if and when he comes out of hiding

Anyway now that we have a functioning stand and SD shop I look forward to us splashing the cash in Jan following our improved budget......that's what Mr Corney said isn't it?

With the stand construction going so far over budget and extra salaries being paid without any income to date, I think it will be a very long time before this 24/7 operation puts any monies into the kitty of OAFC Ltd-probably just the opposite to date

With the stand construction going so far over budget and extra salaries being paid without any income to date, I think it will be a very long time before this 24/7 operation puts any monies into the kitty of OAFC Ltd-probably just the opposite to date

SC said in his last interview that they had budgeted for the stand being open on time, and had therefore got a bigger squad than would have otherwise been the case. This was probably the reason for the delayed wages.

Archived