Picture Quiz - Identify the Stadium/Band/Match

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they were Hull fans.......It's not the Tigers v Blades is it?

The Band started in Hull but the lead singer is from Liverpool. He's a massive Blades fan though.

Legend has it that the week before they played away at Hull City, the Bramall Lane crowd were singing "Every woman every man, join the transit van to Hull".

The Band started in Hull but the lead singer is from Liverpool. He's a massive Blades fan though.

Legend has it that the week before they played away at Hull City, the Bramall Lane crowd were singing "Every woman every man, join the transit van to Hull".

His dad was a big Everton fan and he is a big Elvis Costello fan.

Final score London 0 v Hull 4.

I'll interpret yours as the CORRECT answer, rather than yet another clue. Well done! :applause1:

So we have The Housemartins playing at Bramall Lane before a match in 1988. Now why would a band containing a Blades' fan be asked to play before a match - it must have been a special match. As I said earlier I've put it on a plate!

.... hold up the last offical gig for the Housemartins (best band EVER) was 1987, lead singer PD is a massive blades fan. they didn't offically split until summer 1988 ..... ummm if this was the case I would have said Housemartins hours ago!!! Determined to read through my Housemartins book before i sleep tonight

.... hold up the last offical gig for the Housemartins (best band EVER) was 1987, lead singer PD is a massive blades fan. they didn't offically split until summer 1988 ..... ummm if this was the case I would have said Housemartins hours ago!!! Determined to read through my Housemartins book before i sleep tonight

If your book says the last official gig was in 1987, then it's inconsistent with the Sheffield newspaper which states that this gig was in 1988. Mind you newspapers have been known to be wrong................rarely! :D

It wasn't the Blades' centenary match.

If your book says the last official gig was in 1987, then it's inconsistent with the Sheffield newspaper which states that this gig was in 1988. Mind you newspapers have been known to be wrong................rarely! :D

It wasn't the Blades' centenary match.

All this iffing and butting about dates is making me...

...Anxious.