Cycling Thread - Le Tour de Yorkshire and stuff

Less than 100 days now until the worlds greatest Bike Race sets off on what is essentially our doorstep.

Anyone planning on going watching any of it? And whereabouts?

I'm thinking of heading to Harrogate to watch the finish of the first stage, and hopefully see Mark Cavendish take an early yellow jersey.

For the second stage it's got to be up Holme Moss for me. I proper struggled climbing that last year, bonked really bad halfway up and it took me an age to finish, so I'm going to be massively envious of how quick they will fly up the thing!

I might dive out in front of one and then sprint down the middle of the road chasing a few others whilst wearing my cycling shorts....that's what you do innit when you go watching it, if you're not throwing tacks, nails and pins into the road from behind a bush.

It goes right past the end of our Avenue in Leyburn. And apart from all the :censored:e before the bikes arrive, ie loads of cars and motorbikes, it will just be woooooooooooosh. So I am going to toddle off out for the day, and leave them to it.

Crag Vale on the Sunday for me and the missus, we will go on our bikes. The Saturday i might just jump a train to Leeds although I may go and watch the wife taking part in the colour run on the same day. I know my eldest lad is going to Holme Moss but he gets up there nearly as fast as the pro's.

For the second stage it's got to be up Holme Moss for me. I proper struggled climbing that last year, bonked really bad halfway up and it took me an age to finish, so I'm going to be massively envious of how quick they will fly up the thing!

good luck with that farmers on A 635 at harden moss already taking parking bookings at £10 a pop .

stake your claim on holme moss atleast two days before as you wont get near on the day