OWTB - What's it worth?

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Still don't know where link is? Is it only via PayPal?

Start of the thread and yes.

Alrhough I think the trust Oldham web site has account number and sort code for you to set up a standing order or send a one off payment.

Edited by opinions4u

10 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Looked like they forgot to renew the domain name. Which is quite funny if true.

We did indeed.  We had to cancel the auto-renew previously and quite openly admit this one slipped thru.  It's all sorted now.

• 3 months later...

I hate doing this but here goes...

Having just paid the current monthly bills for the site, we are well short of having enough for next month.  Currently, regular monthly donations (which are very much appreciated) account for about 15% of monthly costs...

24 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

Having just paid the current monthly bills for the site, we are well short of having enough for next month.  Currently, regular monthly donations (which are very much appreciated) account for about 15% of monthly costs...

Get hands in pockets users on here. Cracking site to have available to us, lets keep it that way. Small regular payments by all would go along way ?

Just sent some money over will do it monthly. 

Edited by adamoafc

54 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

Steve, as I mentioned in the predictions thread, anything I might have won can go to OWTB running costs (if you'll first just put my entry fee in for next year).

20 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Is there a non-Paypal alternative? I don't have an account with them after a little, uh, disagreement over their shitty customer service.

Have we been here before?!  Did I send you a payment request last time, so you didn't need to have an account?

5 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

Have just transferred you some money Stevie.

9 hours ago, disjointed said:

Sorry for appearing to be thick but if i was to up my monthly contribution would I need to set up a new payment or could i just go in the bank and up it.

Monthly payments are a fucking nightmare, thanks to Paypal.  They made changes that meant regular payments could be only be received if you have a premium account (where they take more commission).  However, the Paypal code that should allow us to post these options on the site is not compatible with IPB's code and neither Paypal nor IPB is the least bit interested in helping.  So, as it stands, Paypal are taking a bigger cut and we're getting no benefit from it.

I need to look again at whether it can be done manually and, if so, I'll post a tutorial.  Not ideal.

On 16/05/2018 at 12:46 PM, Crusoe said:

Yes I think it was either that or a straight bank transfer.

I'm pretty sure I sent you a request.  If you want to PM me your email address and the amount, I'll be more than happy to send you another one!

Cheers.

2 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

Monthly payments are a fucking nightmare, thanks to Paypal.  They made changes that meant regular payments could be only be received if you have a premium account (where they take more commission).  However, the Paypal code that should allow us to post these options on the site is not compatible with IPB's code and neither Paypal nor IPB is the least bit interested in helping.  So, as it stands, Paypal are taking a bigger cut and we're getting no benefit from it.

I need to look again at whether it can be done manually and, if so, I'll post a tutorial.  Not ideal.

How about using something like this? https://gocardless.com/pricing/