OWTB - What's it worth?

Thanks, and thanks again to everybody who has contributed lump sum or long term - I'm going to do a few site updates over the next week before the season starts so bear with us. Nothing drastic, so don't worry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I can assure you that I have not cancelled any regular payments, and thanks for bringing to our attention.

If you'd like to PM me with your real name, or the account that you are using - I can check our end to make sure everything is as it is.

May I take this opportunity to again thank everyone for their continued support, it is very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Matt.

• 1 month later...

I can assure you that I have not cancelled any regular payments, and thanks for bringing to our attention.

If you'd like to PM me with your real name, or the account that you are using - I can check our end to make sure everything is as it is.

May I take this opportunity to again thank everyone for their continued support, it is very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Matt.

I've had an email saying my monthly payment has been cancelled too?

Thanks longtimeblue for the heads up, and for contacting us.

As a general note - again, we don't seem to be cancelling donations, and I can only assume that it's a Paypal issue. If you are experiening any problems. PM me with your real name, or the account that you are using, and I can check our end to make sure everything is as it is.

Also, if you'd like to get that late Christmas present there are some great T-shirt designs in our shop - we're hoping to introduce some new designs in the New Year - so keep checking back.

http://boundaryclothingco.spreadshirt.co.uk/

Cheers,

Matt.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Admins

Im trying to donate but am struggling to send to owtb.co.uk@gmail.com, via paypal even when following the link.

can i send directly to a bank account?

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Cheers

Hi,

Thanks for making the offer. Unfortunately we do not have a bank account for donations. You must have a PayPal account to make the donation - if you're still struggling, please visit the PayPal website to help you.

Thanks,

Matt.

In light of the extra traffic on here over the past few days, have a Commodore on me gents.

Keep up the good work

Thanks, to be fair 99% of posts and posters alike have been fine - I think we've nurtured a decent crowd over the years, by-and-large. The sheer traffic on the other hand has been overwhelming, so much so - Ackey has had to do some work.

Thanks again,

Matt.

Morning Everyone,

So it goes without saying that the last few days have been dramatic and it's evident that there's far more to come. And it's not come cheap!

But, first I want to first thank you for the way as a community you've been, for the most part, aware of the situation's sensitivity and have contributed in a suitable manner. We've had to ban (and temporarily at that) only three accounts thus far for inappropriate posting. On top of that we've hidden around 25-30 posts for inappropriate content (a post being hidden does not lead to a ban, unless it's persistently inappropriate from a single user).

On top of that we've seen dramatic spikes in usage, exceeding 3,100 new posts since the turn of the year (and I can assure you - trying to read them all for moderation purposes can be very tedious!). We also saw a spike of new user registrations, when we removed guest access to the board, like never before. So if you had to wait to gain access we apologise for that.

fQ3Yg8M.png

Board Usage Statistics, as at 09:00 07/01/2015

That usage has seen our monthly bill jump, to over $300 (USD), which sadly means this is going to wipe out the savings we've been able to accumulate over the last few months through the generosity of the OWTB community. As you may expect, we've already asked the hosting company if they could reduce this fee - but unfortunately that's not feasible, especially as traffic remains incredibly high to the site.

So it is to you we turn once again. We appreciate January is a hard month for everyone and that your love of Latics may be at an all time low - however if there's something you can give to ensure this site remains independent and fully available to you then do please let us know below. We will of course work within the Administration team to cover these fees and ensure OWTB is available in the short term - you do not have to worry about that right now!

Equally, if you represent a company or organisation who would be interested in a partnership of some kind please feel free to post below or PM me / Rummy and we'd be happy to talk to you about what's available.

Thanks once again for your continued support,

The OWTB.co.uk Team

Too much to read above? Here's the tl;dr for you...

...if there's something you can give to ensure this site remains independent and fully available to you then do please let us know below.

Also, we will of course work within the Administration team to cover these fees and ensure OWTB is available in the short term - you do not have to worry about that right now! Equally, if you represent a company or organisation who would be interested in a partnership of some kind please feel free to post below or PM me / Rummy and we'd be happy to talk to you about what's available.

Hello mods, fabulous effort over and a mountain of a job to do.

Yes my funds are tight for January, but as soon as it is confirmed that the inevitable is about to happen, then I will have match days funds free and I fee it's only just that I hand some over as I've hammered the site too

Well, I still need my fix off all Posters and their insights

Again sterling work