OWTB - What's it worth?

1 minute ago, Stevie_J said:

New Paypal link for one-off payments is https://www.paypal.me/OWTB.  I'll continue to work on a monthly payment solution.  Thanks again for all of the donations.

I know it can be a bit of work but have you looked into merchandise again? Use a print to order company so you're not left with stock.

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

I know it can be a bit of work but have you looked into merchandise again? Use a print to order company so you're not left with stock.

We've barely the time to keep the lights on at this point to be totally honest. Matt and Ryan have taken a step away from the day to day activity of the board, for the most part. Matt chipping in mostly on the tech side when we're stumped. Steve and I try to protect the boards from spam and in-fighting and generally do some upkeep on things (like this issue, though we're talking to Matt, too).  Anything more than that's just not really viable for us. 

If someone, anyone, wants to set up something as an indirect donation type approach we'd be happy to work with them - just send me and Steve a PM and we can talk it over.

12 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Is there any way of making a one-off payment without signing up for Paypal? I've quit them after an, er, dispute about their lousy dispute resolution.

I'm not overly keen on having money for OWTB hit my own bank account but I could do that and pay it across, I suppose.  Thanks.

Do you want me to PM account details?

4 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Only if you don't mind. I thought there was a way of making Paypal payments as a guest without signing in but it doesn't give me the option.

Oh, you may be right.  I think you can do that if we send you a payment request.  I'll give that a shot if you could PM your email address over to me.

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

By way of an update; there's seemingly very little we can do to reduce the costs of the site - it's based almost entirely on utilisation and thus we've no real cut-backs to make. 

29 minutes ago, Ackey said:

By way of an update; there's seemingly very little we can do to reduce the costs of the site - it's based almost entirely on utilisation and thus we've no real cut-backs to make. 

Is there anyway you can give us a break down of the cost so us fans can help contribute so we know how much money we are talking about? 

39 minutes ago, Ackey said:

There's got to be someone connected to a company on here who would be willing to sponsor the site. £1,200 a year would be reasonable for the amount of users on here. If that's something you'd be happy with. 

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

Is there anyway you can give us a break down of the cost so us fans can help contribute so we know how much money we are talking about? 

Never less than $100 per month. At the moment the run rate is higher at about $130 per month. If we have a "big event" (Evans saga, manager hires/fires, etc.) then we can really suffer on that month's bill and it can be even more.  When a couple of things happen in the same month we basically end up draining the small kitty we save up through the donations in here and that's when we have issues/outages as we scrounge around working out what pot there is left and what Steve has to cover on his credit card (pending the next flow of donations).

49 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

There's got to be someone connected to a company on here who would be willing to sponsor the site. £1,200 a year would be reasonable for the amount of users on here. If that's something you'd be happy with. 

We'd welcome it, as we always have. We've a pretty decent regular poster population coupled with a large visitor/lurker user base too. We've seen in the past (when we were officially connected to the club) that there's a lot of value in our presence.  As always if anyone at all is interested in being partnered with us they only have to ask - PM me and Steve and we can talk it over. 

4 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

So... Ackey is Corney, and we now have our own mysterious Blitz and Gazal?

So really owns the Andy Gorton Taproom and does the rest of the board benefit from non-match day posts there?

I'm Corney... Steve's Blitz (money man!)... Matt's Gazal (the ghostly one with all the real power)... Zorrro's Barry!