Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah yes I'm one of those. I'm here for my upboats.

A special thanks, from this weekend, to @phoenix blue and tangerine - who not only helped me get a ticket for a mate, at the last minute, but refused to let me pay him for it. He instead asked me to d

I've signed up for a monthly donation.   Without this site, plenty of exiles like me would be out doing something useful or entertaining on Saturday afternoons rather than typing highly ephemeral :c

1 minute ago, Stevie_J said:

New Paypal link for one-off payments is https://www.paypal.me/OWTB.  I'll continue to work on a monthly payment solution.  Thanks again for all of the donations.

I know it can be a bit of work but have you looked into merchandise again? Use a print to order company so you're not left with stock.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any way of making a one-off payment without signing up for Paypal? I've quit them after an, er, dispute about their lousy dispute resolution.

Edited by Crusoe
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

I know it can be a bit of work but have you looked into merchandise again? Use a print to order company so you're not left with stock.

We've barely the time to keep the lights on at this point to be totally honest. Matt and Ryan have taken a step away from the day to day activity of the board, for the most part. Matt chipping in mostly on the tech side when we're stumped. Steve and I try to protect the boards from spam and in-fighting and generally do some upkeep on things (like this issue, though we're talking to Matt, too).  Anything more than that's just not really viable for us. 

 

If someone, anyone, wants to set up something as an indirect donation type approach we'd be happy to work with them - just send me and Steve a PM and we can talk it over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Is there any way of making a one-off payment without signing up for Paypal? I've quit them after an, er, dispute about their lousy dispute resolution.

I'm not overly keen on having money for OWTB hit my own bank account but I could do that and pay it across, I suppose.  Thanks.

 

Do you want me to PM account details?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Only if you don't mind. I thought there was a way of making Paypal payments as a guest without signing in but it doesn't give me the option.

Oh, you may be right.  I think you can do that if we send you a payment request.  I'll give that a shot if you could PM your email address over to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

 

Solution? Are the usual monthly paypal payments still coming through?

They are.  It's for set-up of new payments - Paypal seems to have ditched that for basic accounts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

 

By way of an update; there's seemingly very little we can do to reduce the costs of the site - it's based almost entirely on utilisation and thus we've no real cut-backs to make. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ackey said:

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

 

By way of an update; there's seemingly very little we can do to reduce the costs of the site - it's based almost entirely on utilisation and thus we've no real cut-backs to make. 

Is there anyway you can give us a break down of the cost so us fans can help contribute so we know how much money we are talking about? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Ackey said:

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

 

By way of an update; there's seemingly very little we can do to reduce the costs of the site - it's based almost entirely on utilisation and thus we've no real cut-backs to make. 

There's got to be someone connected to a company on here who would be willing to sponsor the site. £1,200 a year would be reasonable for the amount of users on here. If that's something you'd be happy with. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

Is there anyway you can give us a break down of the cost so us fans can help contribute so we know how much money we are talking about? 

Never less than $100 per month. At the moment the run rate is higher at about $130 per month. If we have a "big event" (Evans saga, manager hires/fires, etc.) then we can really suffer on that month's bill and it can be even more.  When a couple of things happen in the same month we basically end up draining the small kitty we save up through the donations in here and that's when we have issues/outages as we scrounge around working out what pot there is left and what Steve has to cover on his credit card (pending the next flow of donations).

 

49 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

There's got to be someone connected to a company on here who would be willing to sponsor the site. £1,200 a year would be reasonable for the amount of users on here. If that's something you'd be happy with. 

We'd welcome it, as we always have. We've a pretty decent regular poster population coupled with a large visitor/lurker user base too. We've seen in the past (when we were officially connected to the club) that there's a lot of value in our presence.  As always if anyone at all is interested in being partnered with us they only have to ask - PM me and Steve and we can talk it over. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2017 at 11:30 AM, Ackey said:

Matt and Ryan have taken a step away from the day to day activity of the board

 

Cheeky bastard, I amended a thread title yesterday.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So... Ackey is Corney, and we now have our own mysterious Blitz and Gazal?

 

So really owns the Andy Gorton Taproom and does the rest of the board benefit from non-match day posts there?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

So... Ackey is Corney, and we now have our own mysterious Blitz and Gazal?

 

So really owns the Andy Gorton Taproom and does the rest of the board benefit from non-match day posts there?

I'm Corney... Steve's Blitz (money man!)... Matt's Gazal (the ghostly one with all the real power)... Zorrro's Barry! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ackey said:

I'm Corney... Steve's Blitz (money man!)... Matt's Gazal (the ghostly one with all the real power)... Zorrro's Barry! 

Oh aye, Rockefeller, me!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...