OWTB - What's it worth?

10 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

Can't you switch the forum software to a free solution?

That'll save you forking out having to renew your licence?

It's not out of the question.  However, the site wouldn't be nearly as slick and user friendly if we went down that route.  I think it would have a seriously detrimental impact on people's enjoyment of the site.  We're very proud of what we (predominantly Matt) have built and it would be a wrench to scale it back to that sort of format.  Without people's generous donations we would probably be left with little choice other than to go down that route, which is why we're extremely grateful to everyone who's donated to help us keep going as we are.

Reluctantly, I have upgraded our Paypal account to a 'Business' account as this is the only way we can host the buttons previously posted on the site to make donating easy and, without making this change, we would not have been able to accept new recurring payments, which many members have asked about and many members already pledge.  It also means those without Paypal accounts will also be able to make one-off donations.

I say 'reluctantly' as this now means we have to pay 3.4% + 20p of all payments.  Sadly, that means from those currently donating 50p/month, Paypal will snatch almost half.  I'll look at offering different frequency of payments for those who might want to consider changing to combat this to an extent.

I'll be working on posting all the aforementioned buttons to make it as easy as possible for anyone who wants to donate and will hopefully have it sorted on Monday.

Any question please shout and thanks again to all of you for your support and donations.

Cheers. :chubb:

19 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Presumably, the current monthly subscription will continue without having to do anything? If not, I'll set it up again.

All existing monthly subscriptions will continue as they are, thanks Pete.  If anyone wants to amend the amount, they'll need to cancel the existing subscription and then sign up to a new one.

Hi fellas,

I've cancelled my old monthly PayPal subscription and tried to create a new annual subscription via the button on the first page.

I wasn't taken through to a new screen or anything so I was wondering if it had worked?

Ta

P.S. I did try to send this message to Stevie_J but apparently he's too important to accept messages. :lol:

11 minutes ago, JohnnyPimp said:

Hi fellas,

I've cancelled my old monthly PayPal subscription and tried to create a new annual subscription via the button on the first page.

I wasn't taken through to a new screen or anything so I was wondering if it had worked?

Ta

P.S. I did try to send this message to Stevie_J but apparently he's too important to accept messages. :lol:

You're right.  For some reason, it's not redirecting properly.  I'll get it fixed as soon as I can.

I'm definitely not important but have been receiving a lot of PMs so my inbox must have been full, sorry!

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

How do you change the text reading size on OWTB, its very small? I can change it to larger when typing on a smartphone , but when reading the font remains small.

Hi BP, on smart phone your best bet is to zoom in (spread two fingers across the screen in most cases). On desktop hold alt, ctrl and + (all together, rather than one after another) to increase the display size. 

20 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

Hi BP, on smart phone your best bet is to zoom in (spread two fingers across the screen in most cases). On desktop hold alt, ctrl and + (all together, rather than one after another) to increase the display size. 

Thanks for the tip, it worked.

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/07/2017 at 2:10 PM, JohnnyPimp said:

Hi fellas,

Ta

Same here, I'm sorry Steve J, but I can't see how to donate. I can't actually see where the buttons are. Probably me being very stupid. 

14 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Same here, I'm sorry Steve J, but I can't see how to donate. I can't actually see where the buttons are. Probably me being very stupid. 

Thanks for asking and sorry about the buttons.  We're still trying to fix these, as the code doesn't appear to be compatible with the board.

Best bet for now is to use the following link - https://www.paypal.me/OWTB

1 hour ago, Stevie_J said:

Thanks for asking and sorry about the buttons.  We're still trying to fix these, as the code doesn't appear to be compatible with the board.

Best bet for now is to use the following link - https://www.paypal.me/OWTB

Actually, my PayPal payment was made, although I couldn't initially tell from the link.

Could someone please check to see that it's been received at the OWTB end? I can PM details to one of you if required.

1 hour ago, JohnnyPimp said:

Actually, my PayPal payment was made, although I couldn't initially tell from the link.

Could someone please check to see that it's been received at the OWTB end? I can PM details to one of you if required.

Thanks JP.  Could you PM me just so I can be sure I'm looking at the right payment?

6 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Hi Steve, I just made a payment a few minutes ago. I'm not allowed to PM you...

My inbox must be full, sorry.  I'll sort it.

Yes, received your payment.  Thanks a lot - it's very much appreciated.

I suppose you want me to do something about that Danny Boshell tag now, eh...?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

Obviously not in with the brown nose gang or due to it costing to start a new thread which is crazy

And yet, true.  We mentioned it above, the bills are still coming in and the money really isn't.  So, we can let people troll (really meek trolling, at that) and expedite the demise.  Or you can act civilised towards people trying to do a nice thing.

Fundamentally only Steve is an active poster on OWTB these days; Ric and Matt've pretty much gone. Myself and Zorrro are fleeting members at best, so it's not us who'll miss out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2017 at 5:17 PM, Ackey said:

And yet, true.  We mentioned it above, the bills are still coming in and the money really isn't.  So, we can let people troll (really meek trolling, at that) and expedite the demise.  Or you can act civilised towards people trying to do a nice thing.

Fundamentally only Steve is an active poster on OWTB these days; Ric and Matt've pretty much gone. Myself and Zorrro are fleeting members at best, so it's not us who'll miss out.

People can't have nice things.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks again for all donations.  Since people have generously donated, it feels only right to be open about the fact, after payment of the most recent invoice, we have just over one month's worth of fees in the pot.

Frankly, I'm not really sure what the answer is in terms of making this sustainable.