Scouse gits v Chelsea

Just in case it hasn't come across from the title.......I'm not a great fan of Liverpool or their fans. This has nothing to do with Hillsborough. My dislike was having the misfortune to work for a construction company between '86 to '88, who moved our department from Manchester to Bootle. Within said department, there were 16 football fans and split along the following lines: Latics (me and too far down the football food chain to bother with), one Man. U. fan, one Everton fan and thirteen Liverpool "fans". The Liverpool rabble were brutal in their condescending "humour" to the other two which went beyond acceptable and from my perspective hasn't changed.

Two examples come to mind.....Latics beating Everton and their fans complimenting us outside of the ground. Latics beating Liverpool last season and their ungracious attitude in defeat.

So today's result was quality and to see grown up men at the end in tears was absolutely priceless. Liverpool have rode their luck this season and Jose did a brilliant number on them.

You can't judge the whole of Liverpool by Bootle. That'd be like judging the whole of Oldham by Shaw.

I'm not sure many actually came from Bootle, I think from memory maybe two. I was pointing out where I worked.

This is not an anti-Liverpudlian post as I have some great friends who are born and bred Liverpudlians and we argue, laugh and joke on a regular basis over a drink and or a meal.

This is about a group that left a mark on me. We all have prejudices about other clubs.....mine was born from these guys having a superiority complex and a vicious sense of humour.

I work (in SW London) with three Liverpool fans who are dyed in the wool yet lovingly pessimistic. Today won't have come as a shock to them.

I hope they do go on and win the title.

You wouldn't happen to know 200 or so Palace season ticket holders who don't want to go to their game v Liverpool, would you? Cos if you do, I can help.