Patrick Berger!

Tremendous coup for the club if we can pull this off, waiting until it's a done deal though wouldn't want to jinks it by celebrating to early.

Spot on Htc.

It isn't a done deal yet. Finger's crossed though.

It will be truly stunning if it comes off.

Spot on Htc.

It isn't a done deal yet. Finger's crossed though.

It will be truly stunning if it comes off.

Might not be a done deal. Yet.

But it shoves any lingering doubts into people's minds about the ambition of the three amigo's and the players Shez is looking at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKdSYkB-aHc

That goal at Old Trafford is making me watch it over and over. Quality strike. Think we'll know who our free kick taker is if he does sign.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

I'm surprised by this as they only gave him a 1 year contract in May. So either a)he's coming to Oldham for a month or so to get fully match fit (but wasnt he fit by the end of the season anyway?) or b)him and Martin O'Neill have had a big fat tiff

Not sure what Latics gain by trumpeting the news before the deal is done though. What's to stop another club - say in the Championship - coming in and spoiling the deal.

I'm surprised by this as they only gave him a 1 year contract in May. So either a)he's coming to Oldham for a month or so to get fully match fit (but wasnt he fit by the end of the season anyway?) or b)him and Martin O'Neill have had a big fat tiff

Not sure what Latics gain by trumpeting the news before the deal is done though. What's to stop another club - say in the Championship - coming in and spoiling the deal.

Let this happen.

Guest sheridans_world
Imagine if he signs what sort of quality we can convince to join up as opposed to any of our opposition :)

Wellens might re-sign...

Too true....BUT have we got a time lord in our presence BECAUSE MY CLOCKS ARE RUNNING VERY SLOWLY :blush:

just come back from a few days in dublin with work....

awesome news if it happens!! was going out but will hang on for half an hour or so now...

fingers crossed eh!

The rarely wrong Chron says we are pursuing a vastly experienced striker. Now I thought Berger was definitely a midfielder, so does that mean we are after a top class frontman as well? Unless someones got there wires crossed!

There have been firm enquiries to take Neil Kilkenny on loan from Birmingham and bring back Chesterfield midfielder Mark Allott.

Athletic are also pursuing a vastly experienced striker, who is currently under contract with his club, and have been in touch with several free agents.

They will have to beat strong competition to land Birmingham’s Kilkenny, who is being targeted by managers at a higher level.

Edited by sausageroll

Guest sheridans_world
Is anyone else actually sad enough to be using it, cos i am? cheers!!! :blush:

Lol, tick tock tick tock tick tock

Guest sheridans_world
The official site has just launched a 'holiday club'... oh what are the chances eh!?

Me!? a Cynic!? NEVER!

You mean the chances of launching it while everyone is clicking refresh once every ten seconds?! CONTROVERSIAL!

They have put more cr*p on the site in the last 5 mins than they normall do in a season ansd everytime something different appears i get excited!!! any more of this and i am going to bugger off and support.... Barnet or someone!