Bristol Rovers

Sad to see a proper football club depart the league today. Lot of history between us and them for those of you old enough to remember our effective 3rd division title decider on MOTD in 1974. Hope they make it back soon.

There are two relegation places from the football league, that means until Franchise go the way they should, we are always going to get two proper football clubs relegated to the conference, unless the rules get changed. Now whilst unlike Torquay and Wycombe, the gasheads have always been in the football league in living memory, that doesn't make them any more of a proper football club.

Think they needed a warboys and bannister combination this season

Was their nickname, "smash and grab"? Hope they come back up next season, I remember the rivalry that year we won the 3rd div. Also York were in the mix too.

There are two relegation places from the football league, that means until Franchise go the way they should, we are always going to get two proper football clubs relegated to the conference, unless the rules get changed. Now whilst unlike Torquay and Wycombe, the gasheads have always been in the football league in living memory, that doesn't make them any more of a proper football club.

Not so much you mate but agree they where relegated over 46 games it happens. In other forums makes me laugh when I hear people slate team's that win promotion like Stevenage, Fleetwood I enjoy seeing new teams up into the football league.

Saying that rather seen Northampton go down.

Not so much you mate but agree they where relegated over 46 games it happens. In other forums makes me laugh when I hear people slate team's that win promotion like Stevenage, Fleetwood I enjoy seeing new teams up into the football league.

Saying that rather seen Northampton go down.

I'd rather Bristol Rovers stayed up too, it's a decent away day, especially as I've got family connections to Bristol. But like you say they've gone down because after 46 league games they have been worse then all but one other side out of the 92.

I'd rather Bristol Rovers stayed up too, it's a decent away day, especially as I've got family connections to Bristol. But like you say they've gone down because after 46 league games they have been worse then all but one other side out of the 92.

Always been a bogey side for us never seen us win away there but remember when we beat them at home on the Easter Monday and that 4-4 draw with them.

Always been a bogey side for us never seen us win away there but remember when we beat them at home on the Easter Monday and that 4-4 draw with them.

How they've fallen eh.What a strike force they had in that 4-4 draw,Ellington,Roberts,Cureton.

lots of sad gasheads still coming to terms with the drop out of the league. Went to Wycombe with some of my gas mates and they all thought they had done it by beating Wycombe...funny how things turn out...they'll still pull 6k home crowds in the conference mind...doubt they will be back in the league for a fair while unless there's a change in ownership and investment

lots of sad gasheads still coming to terms with the drop out of the league. Went to Wycombe with some of my gas mates and they all thought they had done it by beating Wycombe...funny how things turn out...they'll still pull 6k home crowds in the conference mind...doubt they will be back in the league for a fair while unless there's a change in ownership and investment

Could work out when they get back in the Football League when they move to there new staduim, new ground new start.