European Election 2014

Matt

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooo few people would vote Green if they knew what they actually want to do.

I think we fully agree here.

People think they are "save the polar bears" but they are a crackpot bunch with some very bizarre ideas. Things like leaders get corrupted easily so they change their leader often. Whilst they do have a point, no stable democracy can have a new leader every few months. And other stuff that I can't recall at the mo but they are :censored:ing weird.

Guest Scratch2000uk

Labour Liberal Democrats Green Party (England and Wales) British National Party Conservatives UK Independence Party

Greens > Lib Dems > Labour > Tory > UKIP > BNP.

Was undecided on the issue of Europe, think this has confirmed my vote for either Green or Labour though. Can't vote for Clegg whilst people (such as me) are paying £9000 a year for Uni. Can't vote for the right-wingers either.

I think we fully agree here.

People think they are "save the polar bears" but they are a crackpot bunch with some very bizarre ideas. Things like leaders get corrupted easily so they change their leader often. Whilst they do have a point, no stable democracy can have a new leader every few months. And other stuff that I can't recall at the mo but they are :censored:ing weird.

They've only had 2 leaders since 2008?

I think people are delusional to think any political party isn't corrupt and they all have members with crackpot ideas.

I read a statistic that said 70% of 18-21 year olds are voting Green this year and I can understand why!

I think people are delusional to think any political party isn't corrupt and they all have members with crackpot ideas?

I read a statistic that said 70% of 18-21 year olds are voting Green this year and I can understand why!

Their logic leads to living in a mud hut. They want everyone to have a job in an area they can reach by donkey. Unfortunately this won't support those of us who have offended the planet by being born on it.

It's very much a case of voting for who you see as the least worst in that lot.

This is very much where I am. I am more opposed to what the Tories, UKIP and fascists have to offer than I support what is actually on offer from the other parties so I support the party that has the best chance of stopping what I really don't want to happen.

I think people are delusional to think any political party isn't corrupt and they all have members with crackpot ideas.

I studied the greens as part of my degree in 1995, I am surprised that I can even remember the fact that this happened let alone what details. They may well have changed but at the time I was studying them the green ideology as a whole across Europe had some very odd parts.

I remember that two days after I turned 18 there was a European Election. I thought I'd vote for the Greens as they werent like the others and then, woahhhhh, I actually read their bumf - crackpots is putting it lightly. I'm surprised Labour and Lib Dems never put any effort into shining a light on the Green Party - there are a lot more crossover votes in it for them than ranting on about UKIP. Although I suppose they're useful idiots in the march to a Federal European state

Green party, out of interest, what are their crackpot ideas at the moment? Having read their manifesto, their are things that I disagree with them on, but nothings striking me as too crackpot if i'm honest. I have the feeling that I could be missing something.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Green party, out of interest, what are their crackpot ideas at the moment? Having read their manifesto, their are things that I disagree with them on, but nothings striking me as too crackpot if i'm honest. I have the feeling that I could be missing something.

unsurprisingly,they are the hardest of the hardcore global warming/climate change catastrophe cult believers.The economyas we know it must be dismantled to save the world.Even

though if we all collectively in the UK committed suicide it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to what they believe is going to happen.

We must have a zero carbon economy by 2030.65% reduction by 2020. Get ready for your allocated 4 hours of electricity.

Heavy taxation on businesses to get that carbon footprint down. Heavy taxation on water consumption! Tax the bajaysus out of all road hauliers.

No new roads. Ever.

No new airports. No new runways. Ever. Very heavy tax on aviation fuel.No cheap flights abroad for you proles ever again. Stop flights of less than 500km.

Road pricing. You'll be paying by the mile for your Latics away trips. Not including the insanely high fuel tax. The fuel tax escalator is back for evah.

Falklands back to Argentina. Yes, we agree with self-determination but not for those stinking colonialists. Presume the same goes for Gibraltar

Immediate nuclear disarmament. Immediate withdrawal from NATO. Severing of any close relationships with the USA.

Armed Forces to be pretty much scrapped. A few fisheries protection vessels and a couple of thousand soldiers. Not sure why they want fisheries protection vessels as they want the EU to be in charge of who fishes what.

Shut down the British arms industry

There are no such things as terrorists. That is just a loaded term used by Governments to justify their own terrorist acts. No,seriously. Nobody to be deported for any such acts,even if the other government promises not to touch a hair on their head.Questioning of so called 'terrorist' suspects to be limited to 7 days.

Homeopathy to be provided across the board by the NHS.

Legalise Heroin, crack, Crystal Meth, whatever

All animal testing halted. Whatever it's for

Complete opposition to any GM crops. Even though they can save lives in the third world

Pharmaceutical companies to hand over all their data so that it can be used cheaply in the 3rd world. Nice in theory but why spend hundreds of millions and then give it away for free. End result the end of the British pharmaceutical industry.

Taxes for people with more than one TV

Force companies to break up head offices and centres of production and instead spread these around the country. Move everything to a local economy.Why have one big biscuit factory when every town have one?

Give up GB's place on the UN permanent security council and persuade the rest to do so too. I'm sure they'll see reason.

Make all illegal immigrants legal

Question the nature of fforeign countries debt by acknowledging the historical ecological debt owed by rich to poor countries. Write everything off but then that's not all - we then owe them for various eco crimes committed by our economy

No more stop and search by the Police as it damages relations between Police & Youth

Raise Booze & Fags tax by 50%

and on and on and on. Just keep googling until your brain hurts.

Some of the above people would agree with but looking at their beliefs as a whole, what they're actually striving for and I think they're out to lunch.Or perhaps you agree with it all in which case I shall just humbly disagree (and do that twirly finger pointing at my head thing & simultaneously pulling a face whilst standing behind you)

unsurprisingly,they are the hardest of the hardcore global warming/climate change catastrophe cult believers.The economyas we know it must be dismantled to save the world.Even

though if we all collectively in the UK committed suicide it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to what they believe is going to happen.

We must have a zero carbon economy by 2030.65% reduction by 2020. Get ready for your allocated 4 hours of electricity.

Heavy taxation on businesses to get that carbon footprint down. Heavy taxation on water consumption! Tax the bajaysus out of all road hauliers.

No new roads. Ever.

No new airports. No new runways. Ever. Very heavy tax on aviation fuel.No cheap flights abroad for you proles ever again. Stop flights of less than 500km.

Road pricing. You'll be paying by the mile for your Latics away trips. Not including the insanely high fuel tax. The fuel tax escalator is back for evah.

Falklands back to Argentina. Yes, we agree with self-determination but not for those stinking colonialists. Presume the same goes for Gibraltar

Immediate nuclear disarmament. Immediate withdrawal from NATO. Severing of any close relationships with the USA.

Armed Forces to be pretty much scrapped. A few fisheries protection vessels and a couple of thousand soldiers. Not sure why they want fisheries protection vessels as they want the EU to be in charge of who fishes what.

Shut down the British arms industry

There are no such things as terrorists. That is just a loaded term used by Governments to justify their own terrorist acts. No,seriously. Nobody to be deported for any such acts,even if the other government promises not to touch a hair on their head.Questioning of so called 'terrorist' suspects to be limited to 7 days.

Homeopathy to be provided across the board by the NHS.

Legalise Heroin, crack, Crystal Meth, whatever

All animal testing halted. Whatever it's for

Complete opposition to any GM crops. Even though they can save lives in the third world

Pharmaceutical companies to hand over all their data so that it can be used cheaply in the 3rd world. Nice in theory but why spend hundreds of millions and then give it away for free. End result the end of the British pharmaceutical industry.

Taxes for people with more than one TV

Force companies to break up head offices and centres of production and instead spread these around the country. Move everything to a local economy.Why have one big biscuit factory when every town have one?

Give up GB's place on the UN permanent security council and persuade the rest to do so too. I'm sure they'll see reason.

Make all illegal immigrants legal

Question the nature of fforeign countries debt by acknowledging the historical ecological debt owed by rich to poor countries. Write everything off but then that's not all - we then owe them for various eco crimes committed by our economy

No more stop and search by the Police as it damages relations between Police & Youth

Raise Booze & Fags tax by 50%

and on and on and on. Just keep googling until your brain hurts.

Some of the above people would agree with but looking at their beliefs as a whole, what they're actually striving for and I think they're out to lunch.Or perhaps you agree with it all in which case I shall just humbly disagree (and do that twirly finger pointing at my head thing & simultaneously pulling a face whilst standing behind you)

Cheers I had a feeling there would be something ;)

Yup a bit more crackpot - nice summary