OWTB World Cup Prediction Competition

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if Brazil play Colombia and I've got them playing Ireland, I don't get points for a correct Brazil score?

No. You only get the points for predicting that Brazil would get to the given round of the competition.

My quarter final line up was:

Brazil - Colombia

Bosnia - Germany

Spain - Uruguay

Argentina - Belgium

Five teams out of eight, I don't see it yielding the points required to catapult me up the table though.

Edit: Particularly as in those two correctly predicted ties I need 3-2 'home' wins for maximum points!

Edited by LaticsChris

I fear I shall be owing you a pint at Colchester..... I only have 4 of the Q/Fists..... and the Argentina v Belgium tie correct. :(

It's all to play for. It could be worse. You could be laticdickovarmy, whose hubris has all but cost him my entry fee for next season's subscription league.

My quarter final line up was:

Brazil - Colombia

Bosnia - Germany

Spain - Uruguay

Argentina - Belgium

Five teams out of eight, I don't see it yielding the points required to catapult me up the table though.

Edit: Particularly as in those two correctly predicted ties I need 3-2 'home' wins for maximum points!

You probably needed more out of the group stages to compete but you are primed for a decent comeback with those teams (as long as you've got Belgium in the "round of two").

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

It's all to play for. It could be worse. You could be laticdickovarmy, whose hubris has all but cost him my entry fee for next season's subscription league.

You probably needed more out of the group stages to compete but you are primed for a decent comeback with those teams (as long as you've got Belgium in the "round of two").

Sadly not, I've got Argentina beating Belgium 3-2 in an epic quarter final that will go down in history as being the defining moment of Lionel Messi's career as he goes on to lift the trophy on his own.

Actually I've got Brazil to win, but I've changed my mind having watched them play.

Good showing from NewBlue in his/her first professional outing. Might fade away in the final stages but there's definitely something to work with.

A Matt Smith. Adjust to the standard first campaign in the pros then excel the next...I hope.

Hmmm. Two correct game predictions and results (but not correct scores) in the 1/4 finals, plus one more team correct. So that's a correct prediction for the teams in one of the semis. Come on Germany; I need you to beat Brazil and the Argie Bargies to get to the semis.

God knows what points that lot scores, but not too shabby. Might just stay in the top half. And thanks Spain, you bunch of tosspots. Could have had both semis spot on. Hey ho.