OWTB World Cup Prediction Competition

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fight to stave off relegation is going to be interesting I think I'll be alright, but if Brazil beat Germany I'll be more confident.

Despite some of my best results in the normal game coming with the long-way in advance predictions I found I'm a much better reactive predictor. Bring on the on whole shebang.

At least you have a finalist.

If Argentina win tonight I'll have two.... I've got Sergio Aguero in the Golden Boot tho.... who's got one of this lot....?

Still in with a chance of the Golden Boot:

James Rodriguez 6

Thomas Muller 5

Lionel Messi 4

Arjen Robben / Robin van Persie / Andre Schurrle 3

If Argentina win tonight I'll have two.... I've got Sergio Aguero in the Golden Boot tho.... who's got one of this lot....?

James Rodriguez 6

Thomas Muller 5

Lionel Messi 4

I went for a Spain v Germany final with Germany to win and Miroslav Klose for the Golden Boot. Couldn't he have got in the way of a few more last night?

I went for a Spain v Germany final with Germany to win and Miroslav Klose for the Golden Boot. Couldn't he have got in the way of a few more last night?

Germany to win looks a good bet now Bristolatic.... I've got the Argies to beat them 2-1 in the final.... don't think I'm gonna have enough to win it sadly.... so my target is to finish above 24hoursfromtulshill!

James Rodriguez 6

Thomas Muller 5

Lionel Messi 4

James Rodriguez - no one

Thomas Muller - no one

Lionel Messi - maddog, laticdickovarmy

Arjen Robben - no one

Robin van Persie - no one

Andre Schurrle - no one

James Rodriguez - no one

Thomas Muller - no one

Lionel Messi - maddog, laticdickovarmy

Arjen Robben - no one

Robin van Persie - no one

Andre Schurrle - no one

I'm amazed nobody went for Mueller.

I'm also still amazed that I went for Pedro.

I'm amazed nobody went for Mueller.

I'm also still amazed that I went for Pedro.

Who Pedro?

I didn't go for Muller because my brain didn't want to acknowledge Germany as serious contenders. The writing was on the wall in Blomfontein when they annihilated us four years ago. I shut it out. The strutting krauts wiping the floor with our brave but guileless and leggy heroes. The dicky-bowed Teutons laughing at our charity shop lounge suits. The opera-going Prussian aristos decorating the pavement with the bodily fluids of our vaigrants.

The upside is they didn't get to do it to us this time.

Who Pedro?

I didn't go for Muller because my brain didn't want to acknowledge Germany as serious contenders. The writing was on the wall in Blomfontein when they annihilated us four years ago. I shut it out. The strutting krauts wiping the floor with our brave but guileless and leggy heroes. The dicky-bowed Teutons laughing at our charity shop lounge suits. The opera-going Prussian aristos decorating the pavement with the bodily fluids of our vaigrants.

The upside is they didn't get to do it to us this time.

Pedro Rodriquez, little Spanish fella. I fancied him to bag a few, but with Spain going out early that died a death.

I must admit I didn't consider Mueller either, but I'm growing to like him. He's just so utterly, unashamedly German. I bet he gets to the ground early to lay his towel out in the changing rooms, before lending his money to lesser paid and more profligate footballers.

The most worrying thing is that Muller/Mueller is only 24. And he's on course for consecutive Golden Boots. This could be the third WC running that a German player has won it. Pass the lederhosen!