OWTB World Cup Prediction Competition

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....a terrible night.... every result went against me.... and to add insult to injury, I've now been caught by 24hoursfromtulsehill. Bet you wish you'd taken that bet now Will....?

Not sure how things are panning out individually but I should have at least a few teams in the later stages.

Now that I'm back in the competition, I've started wondering about the rules.

If, for instance, someone goes through as group winners and I've chosen them as runner-up, do I get points if I guess their second round score correctly?

Not sure how things are panning out individually but I should have at least a few teams in the later stages.

If, for instance, someone goes through as group winners and I've chosen them as runner-up, do I get points if I guess their second round score correctly?

Now who's getting nosebleeds?

Are you taking the piss? Yes, if they are playing the team you predicted they would be.

Are you taking the piss? Yes, if they are playing the team you predicted they would be.

Not taking the piss. Genuinely curious, now that I'm back in the hunt for high honours.

Let me get this straight. If X plays Y when I've predicted them to play Z, do I get points for the goals of X?

Here's another. If I've predicted a match between P and R to take place on the basis that P wins the group and R is a runner-up, and if those positions are in fact reversed, do I get points?

Not taking the piss. Genuinely curious, now that I'm back in the hunt for high honours.

Let me get this straight. If X plays Y when I've predicted them to play Z, do I get points for the goals of X?

Here's another. If I've predicted a match between P and R to take place on the basis that P wins the group and R is a runner-up, and if those positions are in fact reversed, do I get points?

Oh.

No.

Yes.

Anyone on course to get 16/16 qualifiers Stevie? I tip my imaginary hat to anybody who has.

Not one. 24hours was the only player not to have Spain in there. From a quick scan over the sheets, nobody had Costa Rica to get through and only bottom-of-the-table maddog had Greece to get to the last 16.

Current leader, oafc1895 had England, Ivory Coast, Spain and Bosnia in there, along with Portugal and Russia, whose fate will be decided tonight.

Not one. 24hours was the only player not to have Spain in there. From a quick scan over the sheets, nobody had Costa Rica to get through and only bottom-of-the-table maddog had Greece to get to the last 16.

Current leader, oafc1895 had England, Ivory Coast, Spain and Bosnia in there, along with Portugal and Russia, whose fate will be decided tonight.

Hmmmm.... so I've managed to predict 10 of the last 16 teams correctly.... however only 1 of the 8 tie's have I got spot on; Argentina v Switzerland.

How about everyone else?

Hmmmm.... so I've managed to predict 10 of the last 16 teams correctly.... however only 1 of the 8 tie's have I got spot on; Argentina v Switzerland.

How about everyone else?

9 out of 16 but only 1 spot on too. Runners up spots proving tricky. I need favourites to go through to the quarters!

Does this table include the last 4 group games? I make my total to be 9 short which is what I think I scored in those games.