Latics Make Cash Bid for Serie B Striker!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I disagreed with you specifically about Berger you are right in general. Berger was at the club (I believe) probabbly would of signed if all gone as planned BUT Villa appeared to have been unwilling to pay a % expected by latics. [ Reports now suggest Villa didn't even know about it viz NO enquiry????? - porkies!!!!!!!!! from someone.]

I simply would have liked the OS not to build it up too much when even by the first posting 2 hours would have given us the proper tale. You end up a bit/lot/totally disapointed when you could have read the story and think well done for trying without the stress.

Fair enough, and i was also disappointed, but prob like y'self and others after following latics for many years, we know that this calibre of player arrives at ice staion zebra very rarely, so i think it is good that we get to know about it and get a bit (sheff utd) about it, it keeps the pre season wait ticking along nicely! :wink:

Ooooh that would be all so great and true. If only the Official Site hadn't posted the following......

QUOTE(Official Site)

LATICS GO FOR BERGER KING

Posted on: Wed 20 Jun 2007

Managing Director Simon Corney has confirmed that Latics are hopeful of making a loan swoop for Aston Villa's Patrik Berger.

In a move that would certainly be viewed as a massive coup, Boundary Park officials have contacted their Villa Park counterparts about a temporary deal for the 33-year-old.

Latics top brass are currently locked in talks with the Premiership star and his representatives -- the outcome is expected to be known by around 4pm today.

Oldhamathletic.co.uk will bring you all the latest as we have it.

The truth is out there. Possibly, it is as was said earlier - The Chron just asked the wrong Contact at Villa. Let's face it, Doug Ellis would struggle to remember his own name these days. :wink:

The parts of the Official Site statement which you've quoted are the same parts that I explained in my interpretation of the 'facts'. We're talking about the same words, but just interpreting them differently.

If agreement had been reached with PB and his repesentatives, the outcome reported around 4pm would have been to the effect that the player was willing to join us on loan, and now the fine details have to be dscussed with Villa. Then when the Chron approached Villa, they would have been told that an enquiry had been made by OAFC and was being discussed.

It all seems so simple to me. As I said, QED! :)

Good try Diego

10 out of 10 for Imagination

10 out of 10 for Fictional writing

You did ever so well until your ridiculous argument that the Chron is correct on the day of the event happening. You must pay more attention. :sleeping: Even they can get it right the following day.

As for this QED is he any good up front?

You've lost me now! :unsure: I would never be so bold (foolish) as to say the Chron was right on the day of the event. The Chron's statement was made today - the day after the event!

Guest sheridans_world
I only misinterpet when I write in Spanish! :grin:

Cant even write in the langauge of your ancestors, what makes you think you can interpret english correctly then? :grin:

Edit: P.s. 'misinterpet'? Surley you mean misinterpret?

Edited by sheridans_world

It looks like I have to be the one to use all my diplomatic negotiating skills to make sense out of all this. :rolleyes:

[snip]

So the Club is correct, Villa is correct and the rarely wrong Chron is correct!

QED. :tongue:

and Wellens, Stam and Porter get left with the impression that the club does have ambition.....and will even bid to sign Championship strikers

Cant even write in the langauge of your ancestors, what makes you think you can interpret english correctly then? :grin:

Edit: P.s. 'misinterpet'? Surley you mean misinterpret?

Surely you mean 'surely' not "surly"! :D

Anyone can have Spanish ancestors, but mine are Basque - a different language altogether!

Just had a look at the Verona official site

Can't see the lad metioned anywhere.

Am I blind?

Or do they just want shut?

Either way, looks like a good punt to me...

If Verona don't score in the next 25 minutes, they will be a Serie C side.

They are currently playing Spezia in a relegation play-off. They lost the away leg 2-1 and it is currently 0-0.

If they go down, then they may give him away just to get him off the payroll.

Only played 1 gameI think, didn't score came back to Wolves on loan played 23. Scored against us twice. Paid £85k want over £100k ???

Still there player though, would expect him to be listed on the site or appear on the team photo?

Verona are now a Serie C Side.

The relegation play-off game finished 0-0 and so they have gone down on goal difference.

Didn't know that.

Interesting from the clubs financial point of view.

And he's definitely wanting to be off somewhere else now...