B Teams to Enter JPT

Making this effectively a reserves league is no bad thing as long as the rules on players are relaxed (was that already scrapped?)... we've all said how crap it is to sacrifice the Reserves this season. If this becomes a reserves / B league then that's a good thing, especially if it's the potential to end in a trip to Wembley.

Angry with the Football League for putting this forward. After the overwhelming opposition to a League 3 it seems as though the FL are constructing a Trojan Horse that will lead to that very creation.

B teams get legitimacy playing against FL teams in the JPT...next step the League 3.

Oh, and the idea of Wolves B v Stoke B in the final....that will put bums on seats...not

That would be the same Wolves who didn't get as far as we did in this year's competition supposedly playing their first team.

If they put B teams in they should HAVE to play at their club's ground, so Ethihad and not Hyde for City.

Fairly certain there is a clash with European competitions, which should prove interesting as UEFA don't allow PL games to be played on those 3 days, nevermind a no mark competition that the likes of us don't really want to be in.

If the addition of B teams is shown to be stupid, which is most likely, it ought to put another nail in the coffin of the frankly ridiculous suggestion of a League 3. That may be the League's thinking.

I like the idea.

and this especially:

"The League’s proposal includes the stipulation that B teams would have to play at their club’s home stadium with gate receipts going into a central pot to be divided by the 48 lower-league clubs."

The football league telling the premiership clubs to actually give us a slice of the pie.

I like the idea.

and this especially:

"The Leagues proposal includes the stipulation that B teams would have to play at their clubs home stadium with gate receipts going into a central pot to be divided by the 48 lower-league clubs."

The football league telling the premiership clubs to actually give us a slice of the pie.

200 fans paying a fiver each?

200 fans paying a fiver each?

To be honest, and this is especially apparent with the big clubs, the gate prices are that high or oversubscribed that they cannot afford to go to premiership matches or cannot physically get a ticket. Whilst Old Trafford isn't going to have 70 odd thousand in for JPT, I would hope they will muster a good 6 or 7 thousand which is double the average attendance for the competition.

Lets face it, the proposal is a trial for two seasons, if United have to pay for Old Trafford to open for 400 fans, they wont bother.

Oh and just to underline the point, if a "B" club enters the JPT, they play their home games at the "A" club stadium. Not Altrincham U12's pitch.

The competition is crap enough as it is without them making it essentially a national version of the Manchester Senior Cup.

It is run to give lower league clubs a chance to win a cup at Wembley. Not as a cup to give big clubs another shot at Wembley.

Like Josh said, if they do this I won't be going watching this cup anymore.

The FL need to grow a pair. Instead of coming up with a compromise, just tell them where they can stick their idea. Its not like there is that much support for B teams anyway.

The competition is crap enough as it is without them making it essentially a national version of the Manchester Senior Cup.

I saw you crying when Rodgers missed his penalty. Just like the rest of us.

I like the JPT but rather if there gonna change it with the 42 clubs already in it add the 22 highest place sides in Scotland and turn it Into a Anglo Scottish cup would be more interesting.

I don't think we should do anything that partially opens the door for Scottish clubs to play in England. (48 teams in JPT btw).