Football Manager 2014

BJBlue

Haven't played much of this years installment but I have just started a game as Latics and as usual it's not going well. Has anyone had any success with the blues on 14? Any tips? Time was you could just sign Febian Brandy and he'd bang in 30 odd goals and get you into the championship.

Haven't played much of this years installment but I have just started a game as Latics and as usual it's not going well. Has anyone had any success with the blues on 14? Any tips? Time was you could just sign Febian Brandy and he'd bang in 30 odd goals and get you into the championship.

I've got the handheld version, Reece Gray from Rochdale always turns out to be a good player, I'd also look around the Irish leagues for players as you can make big profit on them after a couple of seasons

It's :censored:.

I did manage to sign Rivaldo though.

Expanding on my opening sentence, they've :censored:ed the tactics system royally. Unless you're willing to study each and every role and how they compliment each other AND which attributes each role needs. Not to mention you have to tweak tactics mid-game otherwise even the :censored:test teams turn you over. Tactic familiarity is simply too important. There are some good, in-depth explanations on the SI forums from some experienced players, which actually just served to piss me off more because they outline how contradictory the in-game descriptions vs the reality of how they're implemented are.

I managed to finish mid-table in my first season, possibly as high as 10th, but even though I was set up in what I thought was a relatively attacking formation I ended up with something like the second best defensive record and the second worst in terms of goals scored.

I ended up getting sacked the following season cos I was sat in 18th after about 20 games.

Normally do an Oldham game but can't be bothered on this one, might still give it a go as it won't be the same if Oldham don't win the Champions League by 2020.

Incidentally on tactics, LJ's 4-1-4-1 tactic worked a treat.