The World Cup 2014: Unofficial owtb discussion thread

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me the argies are favourites, Brazil are not good enough, England should be playing for the next world cup ie give the youngsters a chance. with perhaps Gerrard in there. Spain could win back to backs. But basically my enthusiasm is not as previous world cups.

For me the argies are favourites, Brazil are not good enough, England should be playing for the next world cup ie give the youngsters a chance. with perhaps Gerrard in there. Spain could win back to backs. But basically my enthusiasm is not as previous world cups.

World Cups are only every 4 years and there is no guarantee that you will get there. For that reason alone, I don't think you should ever look at one World Cup as a stepping stone to the next one.

Think Argentina will win it. Hope its England (obviously) but that's not going to happen.

I hope it gets off to a great start tomorrow night with a great performance from the hosts.

Edited by dave_ragg1984

Don't see Argentina winning it, midfield and defence aren't that good, Messi hasn't played well this season and Aguero will probably get injured at some point.

England have a decent chance of going far if we go and attack rather than looking for a goal on the counter.

I'd say Spain are favourites, their playing style will give them a massive advantage due to the playing conditions.

Don't see Argentina winning it, midfield and defence aren't that good, Messi hasn't played well this season and Aguero will probably get injured at some point.

England have a decent chance of going far if we go and attack rather than looking for a goal on the counter.

I'd say Spain are favourites, their playing style will give them a massive advantage due to the playing conditions.

He had been a bit rubbish Messi. He only scored 41 goals in 46 games.

brazil to win it for me, England to qualify out of the group unbeaten, I actually think we might do okay due to the fact that everyone has written us off already, think all this though could rely on how well we utilise our subs, sterling and oxlade-chamberlain coming off the bench against a tired defence could be what wins us games.

Awful decision to give the penalty by the Japanese ref.As the home nation,Brazil seemed to get all the major decisions their way.Didn`t see anything wrong with the disallowed Croatia goal.No wonder their coach Kovac was fuming after that.Be interesting to see how the Argies compare to Brazil as I wasn't convinced with the Brazillians, defensively they looked fairly poor,and against better opposition I can see them being carved open.

Croatia were robbed. Neymar would've been sent off playing for anyone else. The Croatian disallowed goal should've stood. The penalty was a disgrace. The referee should be sent home. The only thing more shocking was the ITV coverage. Sycophantic commentators who just to heap praise on Brazil for no obvious reason. The audio for the opening ceremony was shocking. The studio team are planks. No wonder the Brazilians were throwing bricks at them.

Apart from that, it was unusually entertaining for an opening game....