Trust Meeting 21st July 2014

lookers87

Oh dear, what a mess this seems to be.

As I'd asked on here what info the trust thought they'd be getting from the club (i'd earlier raised concerns on the trust site), but no-one would reply with any clarification, I also emailed the club and got a response to say that the club has not sent any data to the trust.

I replied asking if it intended to send any data and have been told it will not be sending any data to the trust.

I raised my concerns about DPA a long time ago and received an unconvincing assurance, and on here, we've gone back to the days of "can't tell you on here" you have to ask face to face (done that, got refused by one board member, then given made up stuff by barry). it seems I'm wasting my time asking questions, or even raising concerns - the trust think they know better, but won't explain why.

This is the end of my interest.

Ignored, brushed off and finally told I'd removed myself; I have now. Please delete any data you hold on me. I'm out. i don't think those of you who calim to know what you are doing, actually have any idea, even when people are pointing it out to you.

ps Lookers - I take it that the club shared my email to them with you. Perhaps you know if it's a breach for one data holder to pass on emails to an un-connected party. I think it is.

pps. Barry came up with this plan, and the data transfer has been mooted for many months, but the club have no intention of sharing it. Yet Barry (as a club director) hasn't joined up the dots.

nb. this was not a direct response to / aimed at you tracy

Edited by real

I'm sorry Real we don't have the answer yet. I have asked Lookers to put it on the agenda for discussion on Mondays meeting to get an answer for you as I am away, as I am sure he will be asking for you too.

And I agree, it should be straight forward answer in my eyes too, but me not knowing or lack of understanding why we can't get it is maybe a bit of naivity on my behalf. I believe in clarity, but I am new to attending the meetings and have agreed to help the board more with the communication and try to engage more with fans and members...even if it's just sticking a leaflet in your hands on match days.

I will try my best to bottom this out for you as I am curious on numbers myself as I am a non season ticket holder.

Either lookers or myself will keep you updated and again I can only apologies for not having the information

Edited by underdog

My understanding of DPA is that the club should have obtained a specific opt-in from season ticket buying fans who wanted to be Trust members.

A letter saying "you're in the Trust unless you don't want to be and we are passing your details on" doesn't, for me, cut the mustard legally. I'm no solicitor though.

Real, there really is no need to get personal - you don't know me. I've been respectful of you and getting you the information you require.

Trust newbies like myself, Chris and Underdog have been prepared to put in our limited time and use our skills to make things better.

Hi O4u - there are several factors at play on this one, in a conventional sense you are (as always) largely correct, however you are also not in practical terms on this particular scenario with various definitions involved.

What I'm sure you have picked up by now is that we are working with the club to ensure everything is well above board in administrating the free membership offer. - if things had gone quicker at the club everyone would've seen this by now.

I'm hoping to have some news/actions I can share after the meeting on Monday.

Edited by lookers87

or if you'd listened to people who suggested you couldn't get the data, you might have been able to start other action sooner, but "those of you who deal with dpa daily know what you're doing".

The club have told me you won't be getting the data. It took me 48 hours to get that. What has the trust chairman - who spends huge amounts of time on trust issues - been doing?

As for being personal,I'm not sure what you're on about?

The club have told me you won't be getting the data. It took me 48 hours to get that. What has the trust chairman - who spends huge amounts of time on trust issues - been doing?

The Trust Chairman doesnt spend huge amounts of time on Trust issues! It is patently obvious from my limited dealings with him that his intentions do not lie therein!

At last nights meeting there were 3 fans that tirned up who asked questions of their own and on behalf of others through social media. Looking at social media since, those fans were totally satisfied with how the questions were answered in an honest an open way. If anyone has any questions regarding the club/trust or it's relationship, i will meet you quite happily at a time that is convenient for you. There is also a forum being arranged for the coming weeks.

Also a big thank you to jenny warburton for turning up last noght to answer questions and show us she is keen to use the trust alot more to help both the commercial activity at the club and the communication between the fans. We have been given more web space on the OS aswell as space in the program.

At last nights meeting there were 3 fans that tirned up who asked questions of their own and on behalf of others through social media. Looking at social media since, those fans were totally satisfied with how the questions were answered in an honest an open way. If anyone has any questions regarding the club/trust or it's relationship, i will meet you quite happily at a time that is convenient for you. There is also a forum being arranged for the coming weeks.

Also a big thank you to jenny warburton for turning up last noght to answer questions and show us she is keen to use the trust alot more to help both the commercial activity at the club and the communication between the fans. We have been given more web space on the OS aswell as space in the program.

You see you don't go you miss out on jenny, I mean important like more web space...oooo I'm intrigued. You and lookers get typing Edited by underdog

The minutes are on the Trust website, LL think you'll be referring to the AGM - so April

Is this definite? Barry mentioned that he would be stepping down in Jan as that's when the AGM would be changing to.

If there's an issue with receiving the info from the club then can people apply directly to the trust for their free membership?

Hi Jorvik

Appointment of Directors (apart from co-opts) can only happen at the AGM, and that happens in April.

Barry may have been referring to the fact that the whole appointment process naturally will start around Jan (ie candidates, decisions on re-standing etc etc) - but not being part of that conversation I can only confirm the AGM is currently April and there's been no discussion at the meetings lately about changing that (as it's an AGM we are governed by rules on notice for the meeting).

and yep fans are free to contact the Trust providing contact details at any time.

Is this definite? Barry mentioned that he would be stepping down in Jan as that's when the AGM would be changing to.

If there's an issue with receiving the info from the club then can people apply directly to the trust for their free membership?

Edited by lookers87

Hi Jorvik

Appointment of Directors (apart from co-opts) can only happen at the AGM, and that happens in April.

Barry may have been referring to the fact that the whole appointment process naturally will start around Jan (ie candidates, decisions on re-standing etc etc) - but not being part of that conversation I can only confirm the AGM is currently April and there's been no discussion at the meetings lately about changing that (as it's an AGM we are governed by rules on notice for the meeting).

and yep fans are free to contact the Trust providing contact details at any time.

Nice one, cheers.

Get requesting your free membership ST holders... Remember, you will have a vote for Trust Chairman next April!