Fridays' Chron report Porter may go for free!

The words "Exit Strategy" have been used and, much as it pains me, I agree. All the PR this week seems to be smoke and mirrors and this outburst will do nothing to improve anyone's confidence in the club, including possible transfer targets should the whole situation blow over.

The seeds of discontent have just been sown and now the club and it's fans will reap them.

Heavy stuff, I know.

*Btw, if Porter goes along with this, if it does happen, I hope he breaks both f****n legs!!*

Edited by murrayzmint

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see where this is leading. Porter signs for Dundee Utd on a free transfer on Monday with Porter and his agent getting a hefty signing on fee. On Tuesday Dundee Utd sell Porter for £500,000 to Plymouth Argyle which covers their signing on fee's from the first deal and also leaves them with a tidy profit for 1 days work. Porter and his agent get also get a signing on fee for this too.

If that happens TTA should offer £1m for him back and force Plymouth to pay more for him or for Dundee to cling on to him on wages and with him refusing to pay... we could tie the damn thing up so long he'd be still with them when the window closed and he'd have to stay there then!

I can see where this is leading. Porter signs for Dundee Utd on a free transfer on Monday with Porter and his agent getting a hefty signing on fee. On Tuesday Dundee Utd sell Porter for £500,000 to Plymouth Argyle which covers their signing on fee's from the first deal and also leaves them with a tidy profit for 1 days work. Porter and his agent get also get a signing on fee for this too.

This is not gonna happen - come on, this is too corrupt even for footie agents, as far as I can see this has never happened, possible in theory, but there would be FA inquiries all over it...

The agent has relly pushed corneys buttons on this one - and the egg is on his face, the agent was looking for a response and has got it.... we have to be more grown up than this about it...

As I say, why would ports wanna got to Dundee UTD, they play in tangerine, what club in thier right mind plays in tangerine! :shock::wink:

This is not gonna happen - come on, this is too corrupt even for footie agents, as far as I can see this has never happened, possible in theory, but there would be FA inquiries all over it...

Type in 'Webster', 'Hearts', 'Wigan' and 'Rangers' in a search engine then.

Although slightly different (as Hearts were still owed Websters wages for a season), it has all the hallmarks of this deal (except they were robbed of about £5 million).

I looked a few weeks back and was shouted down on exactly the same issue, my revised understanding is we get nothing despite being previously 100% convinced we did. (Makin being the example) Hope you are correct.

Me too.

What about point 2? Could we really be entitled to 'at least' £700k in compensation? Surely that would make a mockery of Bosman, possibly making a young player unemployable.

Type in 'Webster', 'Hearts', 'Wigan' and 'Rangers' in a search engine then.

Although slightly different (as Hearts were still owed Websters wages for a season), it has all the hallmarks of this deal (except they were robbed of about £5 million).

Ok Ok, blah blah, theoretically possible etc... and porters agent is a :censored:

On a serious note... and maybe this is a poll situation - would you want Porter back here next season after all this...??

I'm firmly in the belief this is all agent talk.... but he is looking veny much like very damaged goods.... time to get shut, and I think corneys words has prob amde confirmation of that....

Have a feeling best situation for all is we snap the hand off the club who makes the next offer we get in this country.....

YES!!!

He's still a quality player and we know nothing about him... this agent has got a giant wooden spoon and mixed it up. The guys 23... if someone tells you they can tripple or more your wage then your going to listen... he'll learn the hard way that the biggest money offer is not always the best offer overall.

If he walked into BP tomorrow and said where do I sign we should all be falling over eachother to give him a pen!

I agree with Ackey. We have not heard anything from Porter in the way of where he wants to go apart from he doesnt want to leave the NW. We cant blame him for it, the only thing we can say about him is if he goes to Dundee hes done it for the cash not for the football.

Whilst we are all smoke and mirrors etc. I just thought I would ask one question.

Will Porter pass a medical? I for one think not.

If any club is going to invest £500,000 in a player, you want a thorough examination first.

Discuss!

Edited by footy68

Well another happy day at the soap opera that is Oldham Athletic. This tv program that is being filmed about the club will have some fun viewing when aired, anyway to my point, Why put a stop to all transfers into the club? am I right in thinking any deals that are to be done are being done so by the finance of Porter being sold?

If this is the case, read the last blog wrote by Corney, in it he says he will be doing everything he can to get Porter to sign and ,and this is the big and, we also know we have to enter the transfer market??

Im sorry but this whole episode stinks. What do the club think the fans will make of all this? you know the ones who have pledged there future to the club by renewing there ST.

I smell a fish...................... anyway enough about my dinner :wink:

I totally agree with the chaps who said in earlier posts that the 'no cash for Porter - no transfer market activity' thing makes no sense cos, as already said, if we were going to keep him surely we would still be signing players.

That said, I hate agents, I'm tired of Portergate and I think the whole thing's unfair on the supporters.

I know I'm not saying anything new here - but I wanted to have my say anyway, so there you go!

Well another happy day at the soap opera that is Oldham Athletic. This tv program that is being filmed about the club will have some fun viewing when aired

Is that still going on?

If so, we may be falling prey to "Big Brother" syndrome where everybody tries to outdo each other for the ratings. :wink:

If any club is going to invest £500,000 in a player, you want a thorough examination first.

You are probably right with that one. A club paying no fee would be investing a lot less. Food for thought.

Edited by murrayzmint

The FIFA transfer rules are in the document here. Of particular interest are Article 20 (page 18) and Annex 4 (page 33).

The compensation may only be payable for the time until the player is 21, so we wouldn't be entitled to much. But the fact that it's to a club in a different association is of no concern. These rules are dated December 2004, so the Chris Makin situation is ancient history and appears to have no relevance. But again, I may be totally off course. :huh:

I still have no idea where 'at least' £700,000 comes from.

Think its the fact that we turned down £700k from Plymouth so thats the very minimum market value he is worth. If a club is prepared to pay 700k then if he left compensation should be at least set at that mark.

Bearing in mind Billy Sharpe has had an offer of 1.5m from Norwich I think 700k is pretty reasonable

i'm in agreement with all posts here...something beyond this transfer saga is brewing up.

for latics to release that statement about the 3As current feelings really says more than i think they intended.

maybe nothing is happening with the stadium planning permission?

all sounds very suspect to me.

as for porter...never wanted him to sign for latics,he was worth more in cash than in body,but for an agent to do his job by

getting porter the best deal ,then he has done his job...cause if he does go,porter and his agaent will be enjoying a huge signing on fee.

as posted here elsewhere,the 3As should have know this could have happened...so why bleat about it now?

unfortunatly,the only loyality in football is the fans ...players do what is best for them-money money money.

why in hell does porter want to go to bloody scotland-is it cause he has seen what has happened to killen?

also mentioned,would he pass a medical...well if he is on dodgy ground,then whats stopping giving dundee a contract

which states performance releated wages-eg-actually playing?

the signing on fee(which would be a hell of a lot less than a transfer fee)would be seen by dundee as a gamble.

:censored: off porter-you are an ungrateful parasite.

hope you get broken legs in the pre-friendlies and never play football again. :mad:

as for his :rifle: agent....hope for his own sake he never shows his face around these parts again...a complete scum. :angry:

i'm in agreement with all posts here...something beyond this transfer saga is brewing up.

for latics to release that statement about the 3As current feelings really says more than i think they intended.

maybe nothing is happening with the stadium planning permission?

all sounds very suspect to me.

as for porter...never wanted him to sign for latics,he was worth more in cash than in body,but for an agent to do his job by

getting porter the best deal ,then he has done his job...cause if he does go,porter and his agaent will be enjoying a huge signing on fee.

as posted here elsewhere,the 3As should have know this could have happened...so why bleat about it now?

unfortunatly,the only loyality in football is the fans ...players do what is best for them-money money money.

why in hell does porter want to go to bloody scotland-is it cause he has seen what has happened to killen?

also mentioned,would he pass a medical...well if he is on dodgy ground,then whats stopping giving dundee a contract

which states performance releated wages-eg-actually playing?

the signing on fee(which would be a hell of a lot less than a transfer fee)would be seen by dundee as a gamble.

:censored: off porter-you are an ungrateful parasite.

hope you get broken legs in the pre-friendlies and never play football again. :mad:

as for his :rifle: agent....hope for his own sake he never shows his face around these parts again...a complete scum. :angry:

You know what Johnny... I really hate it when you sit on the fence - why dont you say what you really think.. :wink:

I have decided that i am now going to let this all wash over me... and only look at the positives (if made up) from this week...

1. Wolfy has Signed - Meaning we now have 12 signed on players (starting 11 and sub - thats all we need)

2. The club has shown great ambition to try to sign a true Premierhip star (Berger)

3. We have put a substantial cash bid in for a Welsh international

4. Chris Porter is still a contracted Oldham Player, and has not signed for any other team, As is Richie Wellens

5. Simon Corney is cleverly using the cover of a future transfer embargo to ease fans fears that we may be signing Mark Allott...

Every cloud eh???

:disappointed:

well i thought my day at work was far too quiet!!!

mmmmmmm, not sure what to make of all this...

teddy out of cot... why?? more like an excuse!

compo..... been saying for ages...porter isnt ours to sell, and IMO compo is a fraction of what his market value is?

for market value please read.... young player, always injured, finds the net when he seems to be interested... is so slow he needs ten metres on the nearest player, therefore offside..

agents....... well they disgust me, rats!!! they are one of the reasons why the game of football is going down the pan! ok we know your average player is pretty dim, but surely they could use the PFA to help with contracts

QPR....... smell another rat!!

i can though understand the TTA's budgeting via his compo for new players.... but didnt they think that it was all a bit too much of a gamble???

but if we think this is bad now..... what if they do shoot of down to QPR, or back to new york!!

who on here WON'T be straight back to the ticket office for their HARD EARNED season ticket money back???

anyhow, must dash.... dinner on the table and mrs TD getting shirty.... if only she knew!!!

Think its the fact that we turned down £700k from Plymouth so thats the very minimum market value he is worth. If a club is prepared to pay 700k then if he left compensation should be at least set at that mark.

Bearing in mind Billy Sharpe has had an offer of 1.5m from Norwich I think 700k is pretty reasonable

The point is that he is out of contract. The compensation is based on the work we've put into him. It is not a transfer fee based on his market value.

I know where the figure comes from now, though. The official site (based on the Chron article) says we were expecting 'at least £700,000'. The Chron quotes this as his market value, not the figure we would receive. So someone at the official site needs to be more careful when paraphrasing!

The likely compo figure would be (at a guess) £50 - 100k, so I don't really understand what all the fuss is about. Although we'd obviously much rather have it than not!

Crikey!

Another exciting day at BP in what is noramlly a very quiet period of the year.

TV programme being filmed at BP.

Link? Don't know - I kind of hope so, otherwise it present some ominous signs for the future.

Compensation payment. Always struck me as a bit odd this with regards to Porter.

My understanding on the reason behind this system was that if that a young player moved on after his contract the club that developed him got some recognition of the time and money invested in him - via a financial payment.

For my money the Porter situation is not in the spirit of this rule. Bury were the team who put the time and effort into developing a youth player to a decent professional standard - they got financial reward via our transfer fee. We bought a player, didn't sell him when we had the chance instead took a risk and gambled on promotion (that we felt he might help us acheive). We didn't get promoted, we have offered a deal to stay, if he doesn't stay he should by rights be able to go elsewhere for free.

Yes the change in the rules regarding football has made the player more incontrol and not the clubs - but at the end of the day they are people who deserve the same employment rights as anyone else, and that is why the rules changed.

It might not feel right to the supporters, but then again niether is treating a footballer differently to other progressionals.

Tough luck I'm afraid IMO. OK if he goes to an English side, by the letter of the rule we will get something, but I'd imagine the money would be low as we have not invested lots of development into him, just signed a player and he didn't renew his contract. If we wanted the cash, we should have taken the £700k.

TTA gambled with the Porter money, and have lost. The response is 'odd' and is the first real 'chink' in what IMO until now has been a relativelely strong and positive public image.

There are all sorts of rumours re QPR etc. And to be honest if TTA go, but we end up owned by someone else who keeps us afloat I'd still thanks them for saving the club and wish them well.

Messages from Simon B extracted from JKL:

"newyorkboss Posted on 22/6 22:40 Email this Message | Edit | Reply

were not leaving

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the point is that we want the fans to understand we need suppoert aswell so let all get togehter and move the club forward we want chris to stay that would be our first choice what we dont want is if he leaves to left with little or no compensation for him so let encourage him to stay . as far as we should have sold him in january well if we had done that how many of you would be on here calling us money hungry . so as i say lets say loyal and hope we can keep him . if not then yes w3e have to rethink this season but let me assure you we will never leave you in the lurch

IP: Logged

newyorkboss Posted on 22/6 23:33 Email this Message | Edit | Reply

re: were not leaving

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First dont worry about my spelling or my grammer, still at work typing while in a meeting but its me as long as you all get the point we are fine

Have a great weekend

simon b "

So there you have it from the horse's mouth - TTA are not leaving.

Enjoy the weekend - things will appear a lot different next week.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns