We have £100k to Spend - how would you spend it?

BigfinLatic

Where would you spend £100K??  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Heres the options as I see it...

• Spend £100k on Craig Davies - as offered
    • Resign Porter, and give him the Hefty Signing on fee that him/his agent wants
    • Use the £100k to sign someone else...

Was thinking last night, before any of this rubbish with Porter erupted, and before Corney issued his statement, we reportedly bid £100k for Davies, Irrespective of whether Porter stayed or not (Corney's previous, and now rather suspect statement..)...

Lets assume this is true, and we have £100k of magic cash (from Philiskirk, Owen etc...) sat there waiting to be spent.... what hit me last night is that why bother buying someone new? Why dont we use this to secure our best asset and give Porter (rightly or wrongly) the wad of cash he wants - surely £100k would be easily enough???

Your opinion on this - dont want to get bogged down on whether we have the cash or not, apparently we had.... but what would you do with the money...

Personlly, i'd sod this merry go round and end it by giving Porter what he wants - and securing Porter and Hughes as the best strikeforce in league 1...

Edited by BigfinLatic

Agree. Porter is a known quantity. He scored 23 goals in 2/3rds of a season. For many games, he was carrying an injury. Plus he is still developing.

The partnership with Hughes next season could be frightening.

23 goals. And not one of them was a penalty. Outstanding.

Agree. Porter is a known quantity. He scored 23 goals in 2/3rds of a season. For many games, he was carrying an injury. Plus he is still developing.

Porter, any old day of the week. Porter + Hughes = Goals Galore. We'd probably get by with an inferior midfield and defence with those two.

Exactly....

Forgot to say that if you are voting to spend the £100k on someone else - please say who... would be good to se who you reckon could replace ports for this amount of cash....

Hi,

How about using some of the money as a signing on fee for Wellens to get him to sign up (up to 50k) and then use the rest to see if we can get a championship striker to join us my choice would be:-

1) Wayne Andrews (Coventry).

2) Peter Thorne (Norwich) - must be well down the list at Norwich as they are try to sign Sharp. Eastwood and Cureton.

3) Dion Dublin (Norwich) - worth a gamble for a year (see above).

Then we get the best of both world's our best midfielder signs up and a decent striker.

Stoney

Edited by Stoney

I'd spend the money on our fantastic Youth and Reserve teams who seem to actually win things! Plenty of young talent to invest in and as some who have come through prove that It's worth it in the end.

I'd spend the money on our fantastic Youth and Reserve teams who seem to actually win things! Plenty of young talent to invest in and as some who have come through prove that It's worth it in the end.

head would say resign porter,and hope him and hughes hit it off all season long.

plenty of free signings to be had out there.

I think alongside Hughes, McCloed (probably spelt wrong) could do a really good job - fast as hell.

Possibly even Barker. Think we need to take a punt on someone from League Two - like we did with Porter. For a club like us, it's makes good business sense. I.E £100k for porter (correct me if that figure is wrong) all things being equal we should get £500k for him. Very muc doubt that he'll go to Scotland.

Personally think McCloed will be a £1m+ striker in a few years time.

I would re-sign Porter rather than taking Davies, he is proven.

Having said that Porter and his agent are really messing the club around, if he won't go to Plymouth then there is no chance of him even considering an outpost like Dundee.

They are just trying to squeeze the club for every penny they can, his agent wants shooting. :rifle: