The Daily HateMail -vs- The Grauniad

OAFCM35

please explain.if theyre working to pay their way they deserve anything they can afford

Very true, just don't see why foreigners are given a helping hand in to work when we have thousands upon thousands of our own nationals who can't find work.. Similarly I fail to see why asylum seekers are being housed when we have thousands of our own nationals that are living on the streets

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true, just don't see why foreigners are given a helping hand in to work when we have thousands upon thousands of our own nationals who can't find work.. Similarly I fail to see why asylum seekers are being housed when we have thousands of our own nationals that are living on the streets

Maybe we should hire Polish people to teach the unemployed English how to find work?

Maybe we should hire Polish people to teach the unemployed English how to find work?

Alternatively we could always stop letting foreign nationals coming over here and working for minimum wage and in some cases less than minimum wage and maybe some of the English/British unemployed would still have jobs?

Alternatively we could always stop letting foreign nationals coming over here and working for minimum wage and in some cases less than minimum wage and maybe some of the English/British unemployed would still have jobs?

Maybe we shouldn't have started the idea of travelling overseas to make lots of money?

Maybe we should get the spanish to send all the ex-pats home? And the portuguese? and the cypriots....etc...ect

Maybe, just maybe, if (some) of the unemployed were as hard working as some of the foreign nationals, they would be able to get jobs?

And where did you start with all this, saying that "foreigners" are given a helping hand into work? Which isn't true, but if it makes you feel better to pretend you are hard done to and that it's not your fault you can't get a job, then maybe you should carry on believing it.

Maybe we shouldn't have started the idea of travelling overseas to make lots of money?

Maybe we should get the spanish to send all the ex-pats home? And the portuguese? and the cypriots....etc...ect

Maybe, just maybe, if (some) of the unemployed were as hard working as some of the foreign nationals, they would be able to get jobs?

And where did you start with all this, saying that "foreigners" are given a helping hand into work? Which isn't true, but if it makes you feel better to pretend you are hard done to and that it's not your fault you can't get a job, then maybe you should carry on believing it.

I'm currently at work but when I get home i will be sure to post my sources on here for you to read at your own leisure Edited by OAFCM35

http://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=993

If that's not giving a helping hand to foreigners then I don't know what is the daily mail have suggested how much these grants are actual for as the official site for these doesn't specify

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2379477/Brussels-offers-UK-firms-1-000-cash-bribes-hire-foreign-workers.html

If that's not giving a helping hand to foreigners then I don't know what is the daily mail have suggested how much these grants are actual for as the official site for these doesn't specify

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2379477/Brussels-offers-UK-firms-1-000-cash-bribes-hire-foreign-workers.html

Quite soon into your link I can see that it is talking about 5000 young people switching countries throughout the EU in 2015. That is a bollocks and no doubt will cost tens of millions to process, but it has :censored: all to do with people coming here, finding work and getting on with it. Edited by leeslover

The sums don't add up, it looks like a very small pay back to firms. Also, when you say 'foreigners' you mean EU nationals who are entitled to work throughout Europe and do a fair days work for a fair days pay, as you are? Also if Britain has 800,000 jobs on offer and France 40,000 it looks like we have a healthy job market, albeit unskilled work and probably low-paid (and that's a different matter) - but work nonetheless.

The sums don't add up, it looks like a very small pay back to firms. Also, when you say 'foreigners' you mean EU nationals who are entitled to work throughout Europe and do a fair days work for a fair days pay, as you are? Also if Britain has 800,000 jobs on offer and France 40,000 it looks like we have a healthy job market, albeit unskilled work and probably low-paid (and that's a different matter) - but work nonetheless.

It's just a damn shame our nationals miss out on this "thriving job market"

Regardless of the whys and wherefores surely we can all agree that people being on the dole who could & should be working is a bad thing, for them personally and society as a whole, & something politicians of all persuasions should always try to do something about?

I agree. Just a shame our political culture is so dead.

Was it a healthy political culture though?

It'd be great if we could finally see an end to party politics and start to get a bit more grown up about life.

I'm not holding my breath for better times ahead in politics. The rule seems to be for politicians to make things worse as gradually as possible, with the occasional blow out when they make things much more worse much more quickly.

I'm not holding my breath for better times ahead in politics. The rule seems to be for politicians to make things worse as gradually as possible, with the occasional blow out when they make things much more worse much more quickly.

True, but I'll take a few hundred quid in my pocket in return for not paying for loudhailers over the border to shout that I'm a :censored: to me.

So what's your solution to that?

I fear that no matter what changes that could be made it will all be "too little too late" but standing independent from the EU so we can govern our own boarders in a similar fashion to how Australia deal with immigration certainly would be a start