Primary school discriminates English speaking pupil

OAFCM35

Alternative Headlines:

Primary School seeks to target the needs of individual children rather than sticking everyone in the same boat and hoping for the best.

Brits want foreigners to embrace English culture but get annoyed when a School actually seeks to do that.

Parents take kids out of school because they didn't get to go on a School trip, same parents post meme on facebook about School being much stricter in the old days and how crap this 'I want' society is

Alternative Headlines:

Primary School seeks to target the needs of individual children rather than sticking everyone in the same boat and hoping for the best.

Brits want foreigners to embrace English culture but get annoyed when a School actually seeks to do that.

Parents take kids out of school because they didn't get to go on a School trip, same parents post meme on facebook about School being much stricter in the old days and how crap this 'I want' society is

Imagine they'd off sent the English speaking kids to the Zoo and kept the non English speaking kids at school to "target there needs" would you of been ok with that? Would the parents of the non English speaking children be ok with it ? I think not, there would be uproar, children shouldn't be missing out on school trips because they can or can not speak English

Ohh and that's a nice generalisation of what working class parents are like

If I read it rightly then some non - English kids also didn't go? I must admit to being confused about how a family trip to feed carrots to donkeys helps them learn English though.

Surely it's always easier to learn a language when it's made fun and things are tangible and in front of you. I'm sure going to the farm and learning the names of animals and things around is going to be a better teaching technique than learning it from some drawings in a book.

Of course the parents want a taxpayer funded trip for their kids to go to the farm and stand in the background whilst non-English kids are taught 'this is a cow'. Because that will be of tremendous educational benefit, and they wouldn't at all complain of their children's time being wasted by teachers having to teach English to kids at a farm whilst their kids could have been learning other things in the classroom.

Surely it's always easier to learn a language when it's made fun and things are tangible and in front of you. I'm sure going to the farm and learning the names of animals and things around is going to be a better teaching technique than learning it from some drawings in a book.

Of course the parents want a taxpayer funded trip for their kids to go to the farm and stand in the background whilst non-English kids are taught 'this is a cow'. Because that will be of tremendous educational benefit, and they wouldn't at all complain of their children's time being wasted by teachers having to teach English to kids at a farm whilst their kids could have been learning other things in the classroom.

I've been to a farm in Oman and I'd be :censored:ed if I could tell you the Arabic for cow

Imagine they'd off sent the English speaking kids to the Zoo and kept the non English speaking kids at school to "target there needs" would you of been ok with that?

imagine yes didn't happen though did it?

"their needs" maybe you should go on the bloody trip to gain some grounding with the language or put a cork in it....youre just making a :censored: out of yourself

Imagine they'd off sent the English speaking kids to the Zoo and kept the non English speaking kids at school to "target there needs" would you of been ok with that? Would the parents of the non English speaking children be ok with it ? I think not, there would be uproar, children shouldn't be missing out on school trips because they can or can not speak English

Ohh and that's a nice generalisation of what working class parents are like

It depends on whether the context and whether there is a need. I'm not sure in your example what need the English kids have that need to be met.

Kids with special educational needs often get a person to support them specifically in a classroom. How come they get help where others don't? It's because they have a need that they need help with.

Thanks, i'm glad you like it though why do you assume it was directed at 'working class parents only'?

Guest Scratch2000uk

The problem with the non speaking English pupils is the costs of their educational needs. I'm guessing that's why they didn't invite the english speaking kids? I don't think it's because they're racist at all.

There are some schools, with English not being their first language running at 99%.

imagine yes didn't happen though did it?

"their needs" maybe you should go on the bloody trip to gain some grounding with the language or put a cork in it....youre just making a :censored: out of yourself

Or maybe you should

Edited by OAFCM35

We're after moving to Spain at some point in the future.

My daughter is worried about not being able to speak Spanish.

We've told her she'll be surrounded by Spanish kids at school and, therefore, will be fluent & teaching us after 6 to 12 months.

Have we got this theory terribly wrong?

We're after moving to Spain at some point in the future.

My daughter is worried about not being able to speak Spanish.

We've told her she'll be surrounded by Spanish kids at school and, therefore, will be fluent & teaching us after 6 to 12 months.

Have we got this theory terribly wrong?

Although I'm not sure about the time-frame, it's regarded that immersion is the best way to learn a language.

I'm currently learning Italian and I'm doing quite well, however I know I'd be doing damn sight better if I was in Italy.

Although I'm not sure about the time-frame, it's regarded that immersion is the best way to learn a language.

I'm currently learning Italian and I'm doing quite well, however I know I'd be doing damn sight better if I was in Italy.

Would a trip to the zoo help?

Have your trips to "FC" helped you master Mancunian?

If it meant generally associating in another language - yes. I'd imagine that it'd would be more beneficial to children; incorporating fun with learning.

I would imagine all that would work even better if there was fluent speakers of the other language there also