Facebook Harakiri

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the latent hypocrisy that kills me.

Seriously. Would you rather have a hypocrisy-free world if it meant no one gave a :censored: about anyone else?

(By the way, just to enhance your fury, I'm typing this while on taxpayer-sponsored facilities time.)

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

Seriously. Logical fallacies now. Typical.

Trust me. It's not a logical fallacy. (In that phrase, the word "logical" is redundant, but let's not get semantical.)

My question is this: is it possible to be both self-interested and community-interested and avoid your charge of hypocrisy? If not, you've set people an impossible test (which incidentally is a type of fallacy).

Welcome to my cold philosophical embrace.

But you do it so well!

In answer to your question: yes. I simply have my suspicions when it comes to your motives, which is where the real hypocrisy lies.

I wanted a morning off and a chance to plot more persecution of the local HR community...whom I suspect of being the undead. None casts a shadow or shows a reflection.

• 11 months later...

Looks like I was right

Correct. I went back on it a couple of days ago for the first time in a year, with a view to using it to organise a certain upcoming stag-do.

Another thing is I thought I'd deleted my account - as in obliterated it. I tried to set up an entirely new one but it said an account already existed with that email address. Lo and behold, I logged right back in to find everything there just as I left it. Scary.

Out of interest, do you feel you benefited from the break?

Yes. Massively. I think I understand it only after being away from it. It's completely ubiquitous among a certain demographic (I know enough younger people who stay away because it is the domain of their parents) and it's not easy to see it for what it is: a niche place on the internet where people go to advertise their lives, their pasts and their views. I still have no idea how it would ever make any money.

Yes. Massively. I think I understand it only after being away from it. It's completely ubiquitous among a certain demographic (I know enough younger people who stay away because it is the domain of their parents) and it's not easy to see it for what it is: a niche place on the internet where people go to advertise their lives, their pasts and their views. I still have no idea how it would ever make any money.

Advertising isn't it?

a niche place on the internet where people go to advertise their lives, their pasts and their views.

It's riddled with people - predominantly women (#comeatme it's true :lol:) - who have a desperate need to constantly seek or cause offence, or both, publicly.

They're missing that "off switch" that many of us use in real life for what we talk about & how we talk dependant on the company we're in...

Even if you're not like that there's such a broad mix of people who read what you post you have to be so very careful with anything even resembling an opinion.

Twitter on the other hand - I can rest easy(ish) knowing it's only fellow :censored: reading my :censored:e... :grin:

It's riddled with people - predominantly women (#comeatme it's true :lol:) - who have a desperate need to constantly seek or cause offence, or both, publicly.

Uh huh. Sure. It's women who constantly cause offence on social media. That's why Bazza was skulking round the end of season demanding to know who rosa and underdog were.

Uh huh. Sure. It's women who constantly cause offence on social media. That's why Bazza was skulking round the end of season demanding to know who rosa and underdog were.

I was talking more about the mundane Jeremy Kyle, minutiae of life type stuff rather than the Machiavellian antics of lower league football administrators....