November meeting

c.hill12

Nothing snotty about it. We part fund a player. We authorize the release of the funds based on if we have the funds available or not. We can't tell a manager to play that player or ask him for his guarantee that a player will play in the 1st time. If i cane across as snotty then i apologise. It was never intended that way, i can assure you.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Harry.

It's been documented in the playershare meeting notes at the time last season by LJ himself as well as posted in the open forum that LJ believed in Eddie as more of a development project, and still firmly believes we will see him at some pint in the European leagues if not championship.

LJ himself admits that the club currently is not set up for such development work and better understood that the money fans contribute is better used on a first team player or fringe player in order to get maximum marketing impact for Playershare

Hence why playershare player recommend by LJ this season Is George Elokobi.

Playershare is here not to question the manager on why he wants the funds but to understand the reason and back the manger as much as we can.

Such decision have as Luke Beckett and lee croft have provided success on the pitch and the selling on of cedric evina bought the club aprox £30k in profit to buy other players a the following season

Eddie was trial and error, lee understands this and has amended his thinking in bringing in Big G.

Hope,this explains things.

Please feel free to question or query anything at all

Thanks

Was there some kind of underlying, subliminal message within my question that I can't even see myself?

No not at all...just the I've been accused in the past of not explaining myself and now I seem to have gone to the opposite end of the spectrum and over-explained.

It's a personal fault of mine, I meant no offence Harry

You posted a summary of the key points of the meeting.

There was nothing at all that I saw about membership.

Therefore I assumed (quite reasonably) that it wasn't discussed. Therefore it looked to have been avoided. I didn't "insist" that you avoid things, I drew a conclusion from the evidence provided.

And if you really class that as a personal attack, rather that what seems to be your attitude of ignoring the informative posts I have put about dpa and what the clubs fan rep has told me, then I'm astounded.

So, did jenny confirm that they will not be sending the data? That is what she has told me, but you appear to be suggesting I'm wrong?

What I can tell you is that Jenny did confirm the reasons for the delays, which is that the club installed a new crm system in the summer and due to resources it's taking a long long time to transfer all the necessary and uptodate data into there. This has a knock on effect.

Jenny was dealing with your individual question - relating to your own request to not be included. That's all she could do.

The plan (that has always been the case) with the Trust membership continues - what we did discuss however is how we can put a few things into action which everyone will be seeing shortly.

Your informative DPA posts are your interpretation.

Your situation is sorted Real - we continue our work with the club to everything else done.

If it's any consolation we've been waiting for our new CRM systems at work since August but integration problems with uploaded our current data is the issue...upload that should have taken 24 hrs last week has taken three days and it is still not ready for launch.

ETA Jan, should have been Aug/Sept...doh!

As I've pointed out before, I did not ask the club to withhold my details, I asked the club what details they intended to send.

the lack of understanding suggests that there is a problem and there is a risk that the trust / club will end up creating a dpa breach.

Someone else posted that they thought the club would need authorisation from each st holder, and I've quoted dpa but no-one has explained why they think they don't apply.

It all feels like the same old same old.

As I've pointed out before, I did not ask the club to withhold my details, I asked the club what details they intended to send.

the lack of understanding suggests that there is a problem and there is a risk that the trust / club will end up creating a dpa breach.

Someone else posted that they thought the club would need authorisation from each st holder, and I've quoted dpa but no-one has explained why they think they don't apply.

It all feels like the same old same old.

I know the Trust is the great satan and should burn in hell for the crimes it has committed in the past but these are real people with mortgages and kids and I guess they are not experts in DPA law. Give them a chance? They've said they'll get back to you when they have an answer.

I know the Trust is the great satan and should burn in hell for the crimes it has committed in the past but these are real people with mortgages and kids and I guess they are not experts in DPA law. Give them a chance? They've said they'll get back to you when they have an answer.

Was there any need for that pile of sarcastic crap really? Have you read the comments on the dpa issue? Do you know I've been asking since June?

and just for clarity: from jenny on 14/10/14:-

"I haven’t been asked for any data from Trust Oldham, even after this issue has come to light."

Edited by real

Lookers has answered your concerns early in the thread to my understanding. We have clise links to a legal expert who we run everything by that we do and we have atleast 1 person on the board (although i think it may be 2) who works on the DPA om a daily basis. Jenny was present at the last meeting and explained there was a delay in getting the new system up and running and was a painstaking task. She even said we can have our own options added when it is complete and the data is uploaded. I could of interpreted this incorrectly but lookers will correct me if i'm wrong i'm sure.

Unless you gave the club permission I would of thought it would of been a violation of the data protection act to pass over any details to the Trust.

There is usually boxes on forms relating to sharing your information. Was anything on the Season Ticket application form ?

I asked questions regarding the process of applying for this free membership when it was first announced and I was told you would receive an application form with your season ticket book. Then I was told all fans would be automatically made members without needing to apply. I immediately thought this didn't sound like it was right, for various reason.

The trust wants to say it has x thousands of members giving it some masquerade it has our support. Sounds like someone at the club knows that isn't as straight forward when it comes to the law and protecting data.

Edited by oafc0000

Unless you gave the club permission I would of thought it would of been a violation of the data protection act to pass over any details to the Trust.

There is usually boxes on forms relating to sharing your information. Was anything on the Season Ticket application form ?

I asked questions regarding the process of applying for this free membership when it was first announced and I was told you would receive an application form with your season ticket book. Then I was told all fans would be automatically made members without needing to apply. I immediately thought this didn't sound like it was right, for various reason.

The trust wants to say it has x thousands of members giving it some masquerade it has our support. Sounds like someone at the club knows that isn't as straight forward when it comes to the law and protecting data.

I can assure you, due dilligance has been carried out by the trust. No laws are to be broken and if anyone is worried about this and can make mondays meeting then please do.

I can assure you, due dilligance has been carried out by the trust. No laws are to be broken and if anyone is worried about this and can make mondays meeting then please do.

So the club won't be handing over data without the expressed permission of the season ticket holder ?

All ST holders are members. It's a benifit of becoming a season ticket, which was bought from the club, which we own part of, which forms an offer that we will administer.

I don't know the ins and outs of it and i'm certainly not going to oretend i know fully how the data protection act works. That was left to somebody who does know what they're doung.

Struggling to read that sorry...

"which forms an offer that we will administer"

What does that mean ?

Holding shares in a company would not entitle you to the data. You would still need permission from the season ticket holder to obtain their details as they are two separate organisations. I am not a lawyer but I know the basics of the data protection act. You would need the club to contact the season tickets holders on your behalf or you would need the season ticket holders to agree to their data being shared with you. The data protection act isn't really complex. Its good won't be handing over data as I think it would get them in trouble.

So how is the trust going to communicate with its "members" (conscripts) if it doesn't have any details of who is a member ?

Is your season ticket book your membership card ?

Edited by oafc0000