November meeting

c.hill12

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was confirmed at last nights meeting the free membership offer will go ahead as soon as the club's database is up and running. We are being told this will be early in the new year. Solicitors have confirmed there will be no breaches of data protection. Nobody's data will be leaving the club a joint communication from us and the club will be released in due course with details of how you can take paet in our free offer.

• 2 months later...

This was discussed at length at the last meeting which the fans that turned up will back me up on! Jenny was also at the last meeting aswell to discuss the issue. When the notes are released you'll see what was said. I don't avoid anything real and i find it highly offensive that u insist such a thing. I work hard for the trust in my own time to try and make it a better organisation, as do others. I, probably like yourself saw there was issues with the trust and have come in to do something about it. It is an organisation i believe in and feel is important to the club i love so if i can improve it in any way, i will. Look back throu my posts on here or through social media an I have never once avoided a question. I have taken time out of my own life to meet with members and discuss trust issues, which i am more than happy to do! I will not tolorate such personal attacks on my intentions. We are working with the club (of which we are part owners of) to ensure all our practices are legal in every aspect and make sure we don't upset a single fan with the way their.data is handled. I know meetings have taken place between the club and trust since the last meeting and the outcome will be fed back. If i can help u any forther, don't hesitate to contact me or better still, come to the next meeting and we can answer your wuestions as a board of directors.

Well, the notes have gone on the website, only took 3 months for Oct and 2 for Nov, but there's nothing there about membership that I can see.

Really bored of asking now.

How many members has the trust got? Actual members that are signed up since the new scheme, or are still paying under the old rules?

The notes are typed up from one months meeting and approved and seconded at the next meeting..hence the delay. I will suggest that once typed up, they are sent electronically to the committee before the next meeting so we can get them approved and on the website sooner.

With regards to memberships numbers the trust have been advised by the club that the data it is close to being cleansed now. The club know that this is a trust priority as we need to give fans as much notice as we can with regards to how to vote etc for the April AGM.

Thanks Real

Edited by underdog

Tracey

Your reply is appreciated, but i asked this question in March 14 to Rick, and got told he couldn't tell me; in April 2014 at the meeting and got a made up answer. We're now in Jan 2015. All we ever get is "be patient" and "you'll be told soon".

In one of the meeting (Oct or Nov) Baz said that a list of questions about the stand was "premature", but one of them was "when will it be finished" - how can that be premature?

If the reality was "we don't know, it depends on a number of factors" then that is what should have been said, perhaps with the addition of a an absolute deadline or a range, given that the initial tale was by Aug 14, then it was Jan 15, now I *think* it's Aug 15.

These are the the type of things that mean that people have no confidence in the trust. There is no real attempt to genuinely respond to fans. This needs to stop.

Barry has gone, so hopefully the new board will look at themselves every time they respond to a fan and ask themselves "what have we achieved here? Are we just bluffing or have we given the best response possible?"

And just to add - it's still not really clear how the mechanism for ST holders becoming Trust members will work. it would be good to have some clarification.

Edited by real

Hello Real....I've managed to dig out some info with regards to membership numbers.

It's historic and probably irrelevant due to changes made after with automatic season tickets holders becoming members this season.

But, the financial statement for year ending 2013, under company number 29820R, states. " the company has 701 members...."

Hopefully once the data has been cleansed by the club, which we hope is imminent, we will get the answer for you

Thanks

Sigh. The membership 'database' as of November 2007 has 703 members on it. 99% sure that that is the basis for that 701 number...

You probably are right Metty, like I said it's historic to December 2013, at the AGM the following year was the proposal and accepted that season ticket holders are now included.

Just timing with the club having a new CRM, cleansing of the data to be true and accurate before we know a true number. This has to be confirmed soon in my mind as the trust need to get prepped for the voting in April, getting message out in the next few months is essential and a trust priority

Thanks

At the AGM in 2014 the Trust was asked how many identifiable paying members are there?

Reply:

The Trust has 701 Members effectively because nobody has resigned.

Income from Membership subscriptions:

31.12.12 £1,402 31.12.13 £610

Note: Some members pay more than £5 per year. Some have been paying on a monthly basis and have been made life members.

Diego and Tracey, we all know that the 700 number was made up.

At the meeting, the true number should have been based on those that had paid current annual membership, plus those with lifetime membership.

£610 suggests 122 members paying annually at £5 each (so, as some pay more the true figure is lower); I'd be surprised if there are 580ish lifetime members.

Either there were:-

700ish members, which should have given income of approx £3500. Therefore a hole exists in the accounts of around £2900.

Or

580 people were allowed to retain membership without paying; in which case, those who paid should have been informed that they did not need to pay and should have been offered a refund.

Which of these is true?

Can someone tell me how many members there really were at the time of the April meeting? This doesn't require any details from the club.

Can someone also explain exactly how the new membership will operate in conjunction with the club, with specific detail in relation to the use of data?

Edited by real

Dear Real

I have done all I can now and can and only quote from the financial statement from 2013.

We are in the clubs hands with regards to the cleansed data and are pushing as hard as we can as we want to give members as much noticed with regards to the voting process before th April AGM

I won't be able to comment anymore on this subject until the club can give us the figure. As soon as the trust know you will know

Thanks

Edited by underdog