William Hague - "UK will help jihadists returning from Iraq and Syria to recover"

OAFCM35

Guest Scratch2000uk

The trouble is, the government is powerless to do anything but help them. At least they aren't here, carrying out atrocities ( thats if they are), and, if they stay there long enough, they probably wont be comming back anyway. I think this initiative is targeted at those who weren't expecting to be a part of or to be witnesses to what some of these ISIS muppets have and are getting up to, and indeed want help.

There will be people who went there to fight against Assad when that's what our Government wanted to happen and wanted nothing to do with the :censored: ISIS is up to.

What about the ones that we know have been fighting with ISIS, shall the British tax payer fund the aid they may need?

What about the ones that we know have been fighting with ISIS, shall the British tax payer fund the aid they may need?

I think that this may be aimed more at those who went out with good intentions but ended up with the wrong crowd so to speak and have now seen the truth doesn't match the ideal.

Hopefully they will provide a deterrent to other people 'joining up' either abroad or at home.

It's a new idea, and not one I like, that it's any business of the Government what people go and do in other countries.

If they have been over there joining in with the efforts of a group who kidnap and behead British aid workers then I think it critical we know what they have been doing

Edited by OAFCM35

If they have been over there joining in with the efforts of a group who kidnap and behead British aid workers then I think it critical we know what they have been doing

You might find that talking to people who were out there and didn't fa cycle that side of it is a very good way to find out what was going on.

Someone will have put forward an evidence based argument that treating those who have gone to Syria to be involved in their war is more cost effective than not doing so. It won't necessarily have been research based in this country, as I think the Danes were treating those returning from Syria as regular citizens, and thereby giving them access to healthcare etc. a few months ago. You have to remember that these people have been proven to have done nothing wrong from a criminal standpoint, habeas corpus has been round for nearly 800 years, it is a basic human right, and one that many more people have died to protect than those who have gone to Syria etc. of late.

You don't like it, you are free to go to one of the countries in the world where habeas corpus is not enshrined in Law. You won't like it there.