15 year old army cadets attacked for selling poppies in Manchester

OAFCM35

Have you thought that the person who attacked the young lad, might have (undiagnosed) mental health problems? Thereby, the attack was not necessarily the fault of the perpetrator.

Theres every possibility that could be true, just like there is every possibility that this poor lad was assaulted for selling poppies

Theres every possibility that could be true, just like there is every possibility that this poor lad was assaulted for selling poppies

And yet from one angle you're willing to rage and yet the other angle is equally valid and just as supported by evidence?

That's the point I was trying to make too - I am an avid supporter of the poppy appeal every year and will visit the cenotaph on Sunday as I have done almost every year for the last decade or so, so I am very much an advocate for the appeal and supporting our WWI and WWII memorial efforts (I've visited the Tower of London poppies three times already).

What I do appeal to you to consider is that one of those wars was fought to oppose senseless hatred and bigotry and to automatically assume that an assailant is a political extremist implies that's an attitude you may well posses.

World would be a much nicer place if we all just took a deep breath and made an effort to get along and the only person we can make do that is ourselves.

• 2 weeks later...