• No

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about:-

99 appearances and 17 goals = 40% strike rate. :wink:

Or would it be 10% with your maths! :lol:

Only joking mate before you up my warning level!!! :)

Lies, damn lies etc. etc...

How about 3 in 5 for us, including getting the ball rolling against Doncaster, and single-handedly getting us out of le merde in Brentford. He won it for us at Orient, too, but the lino had got so used to putting his flag up that he ruled it offside.

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

Guest oa_exile
Forwards score goals, Leon scored goals!! Get real Exile

Or would you prefer (although he will always be a Tics Legend) Warney 9 goals in nearly 50 games.

Did you also love Porters contribution in his first full season when we saw:-

(1) ALWAYS OFFSIDE

(2) Always injured

(3) ALWAYS OFFSIDE

(4) Nearly always missed the target

(5) ALWAYS OFFSIDE

We have not signed Clarke yet but i for one would love to see a fit Clarke for a season. He got some of his fitness back with us then bagged for the Wendies first time out at Cardiff. Think you are being very, very, very harsh. Yes i was at Orient and Brentford and his work rate was not supreme BUT he scored and scored, don't know if you saw the pen at Brentford or did you leave with the hundred or so Tics "fans!!!!" that left at two down?

Under Shez, Porter got fit, under Shez i'm sure Clarke would get fit, but this is again just speculation. Until we see Shez and a player in the Chron or on the fishul site, signing a contract with Mr Hardy waiting for the ink to dry to fax the contract to the FA then we can change speculation to fact. In the meantime get off Shez's back with potential signings.

KTF

First of all this is all about opinions <_< and i am have giving my opinion like you.

IMO he is not the player for us we can sign better especially with the wage demands he will want added to other negatives

"did you leave with the hundred or so Tics "fans!!!!" that left at two down?" .......and what makes you think that i was one of the "hundred or so" who left ? , you have obviously have built up an image of me.

"Under Shez, Porter got fit" :mmm: not so sure about that statement either.

..........and since when i have got on Shez's back about signings ?

and finally , as you just quoted speculation........now wind yer neck in !

The only point I will make with reference to Clarke is this. Roger Palmer, some games never saw him all match, then he'd pop up with a goal and some would be saying how well he played. I'm not certain whether he's the one for us, but Shez likes him. In Shez we trust.

Guest sheridans_world

How can you people actually justify paying money for him because Laws will want a fee, he paid money for him!

To be honest I'm not a big fan of Clarke, I think we could do better for the wages we would have to pay him.

He looked lazy at times and was always offside (I really don't think he understood the offside rule - seriously :shock: ).

In his loan spell I dont think he showed us enough to want him as a permanent striker at the club, his wages will not be cheap coming from the Championship, and we would have to pay a fee for him.

No way. His performance at Brentford was one of the worst seen that sticks out. He was woeful.

Indeed. At Brentford he was so bad at times I would rather have been playing with ten men. Then he knocks in a tap in and a penalty (which he had to fight to take).

So looking at the good points:

(1) He can score a tap in.

(2) He gets in the right place at the right time.

(3) He's still pretty young yet.

Looking at the bad points:

(1) He'll be on a big wage.

(2) He'll cost money.

(3) He is so unfit it isn't funny.

(4) Off what other teams have said, he has never been fit which is a disgrace for a professional footballer.

(5) He has no understanding of the off-side rule.

(6) He is being gotten rid of for "attitude problems".

(7) I suspect that he will get a fairly tough time of things off the MC as he was a marked man before he left.

Myself, as you can probably see, would rather we sign somebody else. There must be hundreds out there available better than this bloke.

Completely unsure on this.

Be interesting to see him fully fit to see if there is a change in the offsides etc but then again he did score a couple whilst here. Just not sure if it's a risk worth taking. Especially if it involves a decent amount of cash too.

On that picture I look like I'm about to the lamp the steward as well :grin:

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Dont want him, too cocky, doesnt work.

Ha Ha! Starting to think you dont actually like any of our transfer targets - you lost faith in shez my friend ! :wink:

Shez is the reason I voted a resounding yes for Leon clarke.... Shez said that he was a great addition to the team, and if we would have kept him, would ahve had a far easier end to the season.... If he gaffer rates him, and says he will doa job for us, than thats fine for me....

Oh I was at brentford and the rest, and saw the terrible performances, but I think everyone could see this lad had some skill and touch about him, get some of shez's bite in him, and sure he would bang in goals in this division....

My approval has one factor though - sign him ONLY as a replacement for Porter, not aswell as, he plays the porter role, and would need a Hughes/Davies to play off him... he would not be in my plans if porter stays a latic....

Edited by BigfinLatic

Guest sheridans_world
Ha Ha! Starting to think you dont actually like any of our transfer targets - you lost faith in shez my friend ! :wink: ......

.....My approval has one factor though - sign him ONLY as a replacement for Porter, not aswell as, he plays the porter role, and would need a Hughes/Davies to play off him... he would not be in my plans if porter stays a latic....

Yea cos we have to have a striker offside all the time... Matthew Tipton, Chris Killen, Chris Porter, Leon Clarke

As for your 'yes' granted Shez rates him, he has seen him play more than me, obviously, because the games he played for us are Dire.

Anyway, who said i didnt like Lee Hughes, Crossley or Thompson?

Edited by sheridans_world

Guest sheridans_world
He's got more chance of being a success than Lee Hughes.

Yea if people like you keep getting at him. Give the lad a chance. As said blah blah, not his fault, blah blah, are fork lift drivers allowed to be rehabilitated?

Yea cos we have to have a striker offside all the time... Matthew Tipton, Chris Killen, Chris Porter, Leon Clarke

As for your 'yes' granted Shez rates him, he has seen him play more than me, obviously, because the games he played for us are Dire.

Anyway, who said i didnt like Lee Hughes, Crossley or Thompson?

I think it is more the "proposed" transfers.... once they get a blue shirt on (as it should be) you are fine...

Lets see your first responses to...

Kilkenny?

Clarke??

Davies??

Only joking matey! I understand your reasons, but personaly think all three would be great additions... (granted only if ports & Wellens go - which pretty sure they will...)

Guest oa_exile

Right everyone threads gone Mad ! <_<

I started the post off with a link form the Wendies messageboard about interest from us on Leon Clarke.......now its starting into personal wars , calm down :grin:

Guest sheridans_world
I think it is more the "proposed" transfers.... once they get a blue shirt on (as it should be) you are fine...

Lets see your first responses to...

Kilkenny?

Clarke??

Davies??

Only joking matey! I understand your reasons, but personaly think all three would be great additions... (granted only if ports & Wellens go - which pretty sure they will...)

Kilkenny, Justified, previous knowledge.

Clarke, Not good enough from the performances i saw him give

Davies, simply looked at number of goals scored vs. apperances!

Anyway, need to turn light hearted, want something good to happen today!

He's got more chance of being a success than Lee Hughes.

You are not basing that comment on what you have seen of either Lee Hughes or Leon Clarke as footballers, as there is absolutely no comparison between the two.

Lee Hughes was a proven top Championship player.

Leon Clarke is nowhere near to being a top Championship player.

I suspect you are just trying to be controversial as we are all already aware of your thoughts on the Lee Hughes issue.

I just don't think Clarke has a good football brain. He had a good enough touch and strength to hold the ball up but he usually had no idea what to do with it then. I'm guessing his offsideyness is part of the same problem, although he was also pretty bone idle at getting back onside and thus ruling himself out of getting involved if we won the ball back quickly.

Guest sheridans_world
I just don't think Clarke has a good football brain.

You think Clarke has a brain then? You're even more deluded than i thought :grin:

Edited by sheridans_world

Forwards score goals, Leon scored goals!! Get real Exile

Or would you prefer (although he will always be a Tics Legend) Warney 9 goals in nearly 50 games.

Did you also love Porters contribution in his first full season when we saw:-

(1) ALWAYS OFFSIDE

(2) Always injured

(3) ALWAYS OFFSIDE

(4) Nearly always missed the target

(5) ALWAYS OFFSIDE

Warney played a huge part in Latics reaching the playoffs this season and I personally don't think we'd have got there with Clarke or Hall in his place.

And I never bought into this idea that Porter was gash in his first season. He certainly wasn't the player he is now, but I thought he showed a lot of promise.