81 members have voted

1. 1. Should Latics Sign Leon Clarke?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure Wendies would want a fee for Clarke so may be a no no! Thought we really missed him when he went back last season and really think if he would've stayed, we just may have gone up.

I reckon this has "season long Loan" written all over it...

Doubt laws will want to give up on him just yet, and prob still sees him as a good bet if someone else can get him fit and get his head right.... and any club will prob not want to make a cash bid for him for exactly the same reasons..... its one of those try and buy situations...

If he is a flop, wendies can release him after due investigation, if he is a success and gets a team up they will have extra cash to buy him, if he is a success and team dont go up then he will return to the wendies a fitter and better player....

worth a gamble in my book.... but not for a fee!

Deff worth a gamble if were the sort of club who gambles on players like Dabo! Fitness shouldn't be a worry as we can get him fit or find the right way to play the ball to him. Beckett is a similar player who is bulky but scores you the goals which is all a strikers there for if he's got the right service. Let the owners decide if he's too expensive for us, if they say he is then he is. If he is too dear then I think we should step into the lower leagues and try n spot some talent down there because theres plenty knocking about.

When Clarke was here for me he had more good games than bad. No player can be constantly good. Added to this whilst he was here Latics weren't playin the best football they had that season, yet the results wasn't bad were they? Clarke also had to play with Warne up top and for all Warne's running, he isn't the best striker. I'd have Clarke back and then it's down to Shez man management to get the best outta Clarke. Plus the fans can make or break a players love affair with Latics.

• 6 months later...

I think someone's recently added or done something to the thread - It wasn't an old thread when I posted, although I didn't notice the last date, it was up near the top of the board! :huh:

Guest oa_exile

If anyone votes or posts on a "Poll Thread" it will go to the top of the board.

Since the Poll is old i will close it