3G or not 3G

I play regularly on a 3G pitch. It's a fantastic surface; far better than astroturf.

The problem is, for all the money to be saved in maintenance, if they're not allowed in the Championship, you'd have to dig the bugger up if you won promotion, just like our plastic pitch in the nineties.

I play regularly on a 3G pitch. It's a fantastic surface; far better than astroturf.

The problem is, for all the money to be saved in maintenance, if they're not allowed in the Championship, you'd have to dig the bugger up if you won promotion, just like our plastic pitch in the nineties.

Technically we had to dig it up anyway as it was banned in the then Division 2 as well as the then Division 1. It's just our luck that the last year they could be used we got promoted.

• 2 weeks later...

Older astroturf pitches are the reason that, at 34, i can sometimes stuggle to even walk without severe knee pain.

Granted that was from playing Hockey not football, and I was regularly twatted on my already dodgy knees with a wooden stick too, but still.

I can well understand LJ's point about some of the players. Those types of surfaces, albeit tjey're now of a better quality and standard than the 1980's and 1990's versions, are knee wreckers.

So, i would guess Kelly, Forte, Elekobi, Lockwood, B Wilson, Ibhere, and poss Turner would all be in danger if it ever happened...