NFL/NCAAF 2014-15

I know it's more than halfway through the season, but thought I'd highlight this nightmare from Kaelin Clay.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11844727

You really do have to credit both the officials and the Duck players who spotted the ball was live. You have to feel for Utah's last man back who had 5 Oregon players running at him all but 1 going to block him, though.

Who do you fancy for the playoffs chaps?

With the playoff picture as it is, Patriots and Colts in the AFC with Detroit and Cowboys in the NFC. It's tight in the NFC, Seahawks still have to play the Cards twice, Niners twice, and the Chiefs - that's a schedule where champions are made.

In NCAAF BCS it has to be Ole Miss, SEC West dominance continues after the Florida win last year.

Denver. Had a tough schedule and still in contention to win the AFC (Indy, Seattle, Arizona, San Fran, San Diego and Patriots all played).

On the NFC side, Arizona shouldn't suffer through the loss of Palmer too much, as he just isn't much better than the reserve. The Seahawks are still a good side, and San Fran aren't rubbish. Green Bay seem to be pulling themselves together. Think Detroit have just had an easy schedule and strike me as a bit :censored: really (Giants, Jets, Buffalo, Minnesota, Atlanta, Miami), the best team they've played is probably the Saints (who are no great shakes away from their dome) or Carolina who beat them easily. So in short, I suspect the other contender will be Seattle/Arizona.

But Denver.

Broncos and Cardinals as top seeds. Whilst I want to kill OldhamSheridan for dissing my Lions, I agree with the overall point. Unless we somehow manage to turn over both the Cards and Patriots on the road, in which case I'll be chugging the blue Kool Aid and making '85 Bears/'00 Ravens comparisons.

The NFL has left me quite bored this year in truth with a lot of one sided games - especially on a Thursday!!

I Fancied Denver were looking well balanced until they got pulverised in New England....which looked suspiciously like their superbowl capitulation last year!!

Past them though it is wide open - really tough break for the Cardinals this week with Palmer done for the year - I think that probably rules them out but you never know!

I was talking about the college play off when I asked the question as that has been sensational by comparison!

The Alabama - Mississippi State game tonight should be an absolute cracker, and what the selection panel are going to do if 'Bama win (and they both win out) god only knows!!

Was gutted for Ole Miss and for the young receiver who injured himself 2 inches before the possible winning score against Auburn. To lose like they did against them and LSU must have been tough to take!!

I can't see Florida State winning it as they have been awful in games like Clemson and Louisville - and I can't see them getting away with the turnovers against a top opponent.

You've got to fancy the Ducks, but that defeat against Arizona - a bit like the Virginia Tech defeat for Ohio State - has to leave a few doubts.

Probably Mississipi State for me - certainly if they get past Alabama this evening!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Ryan Lindley, eh? Crikey.

I, of course, was royally cheesed off last week. A lot has been said about how the Cowboys still had to go out and win it, and that one missed penalty doesn't change the outcome of a game, Detroit should've stepped up, Caldwell shouldn't be so conservative etc etc. However, momentum plays such a large role in games I can't bring myself to agree. Yes, there was no guarantee Detroit march down the field and ice the game with a TD. But they were moving the ball well at that point, so it's not a massive leap of faith to think they might have got at least 3 points leaving Dallas having to go 80 yards to take the lead.

I thought this was quite amusing (I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I don't believe the refs made the call because Jerry had paid them off):

https://twitter.com/SportsNation/status/553587787979837441/photo/1

B669KOGCAAIKSIe.jpg

That will be some quarterback duel at Ohio State next year between Cardale Jones, Braxton Miller and JT Barrett.

They must be odds on favourites for next year already. Truly unbelievable job by Meyer to lift them from a home defeat against Virginia Tech to a national title with a 3rd string quarterback!!

Can't see past the 'Hawks in truth. Would love Rodgers to get the job done and upset the form book, but think that's wishful thinking. They have been flakey on the road.....and Seattle are bulletproof at home!!

Think the AFC game could be a cracker though. Have got a feeling the Colts might turn the Pats over - surely it will be close either way!!