OASIS Christmas Party - Bletchley 20 Dec

latic12345

I think thats the day I have a memory of you eating a whole Asda rotisserie chicken during the walk across the car park back to the pub...

Yes that is absolutely correct. Two ciders at half time, one during the second half, then the one and only time I've ever left a Latics match early.

May buy another chicken if we win this time

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes that is absolutely correct. Two ciders at half time, one during the second half, then the one and only time I've ever left a Latics match early.

May buy another chicken if we win this time

We left at 5-2 down when the then 'Muppet Choir' really turned on Shez if I remember...

Good day out still

We left at 5-2 down when the then 'Muppet Choir' really turned on Shez if I remember...

Good day out still

..... think most of us left then, remember loads of in fighting near the end...... a few of the ladies tried to start a fight with me as I told them this was going to be Shez's last game, blinkered in the view that alll was well.

Am just about to purchase match tickets. What we saying about train times to Bletchley....?

Quickest route OUT is 36 mins....

OUT 11:13 ARR 11:39

OUT 12:13 ARR 12:39

BACK 17:46 ARR 18:27 [41 mins] - Bit tight this one, what with that long walk across ASDA's carpark!?!

alternatively there are trains at 18:27; 18:52; 19:27; 19:52 which are all 50 odd min journeys.

Meeting pub is the Enigma.

Am just about to purchase match tickets. What we saying about train times to Bletchley....?

BACK 17:46 ARR 18:27 [41 mins] - Bit tight this one, what with that long walk across ASDA's carpark!?!

alternatively there are trains at 18:27; 18:52; 19:27; 19:52 which are all 50 odd min journeys.

11.23 is fine by me. I think I'm staying in The Buzzard, so no return journey shenanigans for me.

I'm happy to get whichever train out and will come back when we've had enough. If I remember rightly, its quite cheap on the London Midland trains to Bletchley so no real reason to buy in advance...

Do we have to get match tickets? There's normally a little ticket office next to the away end.

....don't think you'll need to buy a ticket in advance as their stadium is way too big for them.... however we did have an issue last year when the ticket office ran out of paper to print the ticket on.... we nearly missed KO as a result.

Kick offs are overrated. If they'd done something to mean you missed the final whistle, I would understand your concern...

OASIS rules.

1. ALWAYS drink green lager on public transport to the game

2. Never watch kick-off

3. Never watch half-time whistle

4. Never watch the second half kick-off

5. ALWAYS stay till the full-time whistle

It is known.

OASIS rules.

1. ALWAYS drink green lager on public transport to the game

2. Never watch kick-off

3. Never watch half-time whistle

4. Never watch the second half kick-off

5. ALWAYS stay till the full-time whistle

Our initiation clearly didn't work here. I'm so disappointed. I think we'll have to ensure the rules are chanted canonically all the way to Bletchley and back...

Our initiation clearly didn't work here. I'm so disappointed. I think we'll have to ensure the rules are chanted canonically all the way to Bletchley and back...

We've not had an expulsion before to my knowledge? Surely seeing kick off puts us perilously close to one!?

I will be along for this- my local game only 17 miles from home!- along with son Mark- (the poker expert and player)- we are known to 24hrs and Mark.

It is a shame that MK and Bletchley have such crap pubs- i have never seen so many scores under 3 on "beer in the evening" but aim to get to the Enigma around 1.00 p.m.

Hope we can get a result thisyear- really disappointed last year that we threw away our chance. Hoping for advancement in the cup and for LJ to put one over on Dad prior to this.

I will be along for this- my local game only 17 miles from home!- along with son Mark- (the poker expert and player)- we are known to 24hrs and Mark.

It is a shame that MK and Bletchley have such crap pubs- i have never seen so many scores under 3 on "beer in the evening" but aim to get to the Enigma around 1.00 p.m.

Hope we can get a result thisyear- really disappointed last year that we threw away our chance. Hoping for advancement in the cup and for LJ to put one over on Dad prior to this.

Ah yes. Chelsea not at home on the 20th then?

No they have a break til 22nd Dec- cant wait til Don's day- I guess it will be yours and many others 1st viewing of Magic Johnson and sure he wont disappoint!

Only if the basketball match is at half time. It's its before the game we risk breaking rule 2...

Given there aren't any decent pubs between the station and the ground, I think this game offers us the chance for a Christmas tipple in either The Euston Tap or Bree Louise. Any thoughts? Could get a slightly later train (even the 1313) and have a nicer pint first!

Given there aren't any decent pubs between the station and the ground, I think this game offers us the chance for a Christmas tipple in either The Euston Tap or Bree Louise. Any thoughts? Could get a slightly later train (even the 1313) and have a nicer pint first!

I likey