Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser

Ackey

I have a bad feeling about this, a bit too spaceshipy for me. Oh noes, no one liked the prequels so lets stick the Falcon in there and they will lap it up.

I hope I am wrong and I am not happy that this has been released when the film is not out for over a whole goddamn year! And if these new films don't answer why R2D2 suddenly flew in the second prequel but then never used that function again I will be cross. All it would have taken is:

"fgjkt beep sdaisd"

"What's that R2? Your flying circuits have malfunctioned?"

That's all it would have taken, less than three seconds of dialogue and it would never have needed mentioning again. I know there were worse things about the prequels but this was symptomatic of what George got so wrong with them. R2 flying, :censored:s sake.

I have a bad feeling about this, a bit too spaceshipy for me. Oh noes, no one liked the prequels so lets stick the Falcon in there and they will lap it up.

I hope I am wrong and I am not happy that this has been released when the film is not out for over a whole goddamn year! And if these new films don't answer why R2D2 suddenly flew in the second prequel but then never used that function again I will be cross. All it would have taken is:

"fgjkt beep sdaisd"

"What's that R2? Your flying circuits have malfunctioned?"

That's all it would have taken, less than three seconds of dialogue and it would never have needed mentioning again. I know there were worse things about the prequels but this was symptomatic of what George got so wrong with them. R2 flying, :censored:s sake.

MRW is saw the trailer...

e8NTH0q.jpg

Looks good, but then again so did the teaser trailer for The Phantom Menace,

That said, I did't think that Episodes 1-3 were that bad. Jar Jar was a mistake that was scaled back after the first episode - but I thought the way that he told a story that we already knew the end of was quite well done and was a demonstration of how easily a society can change without even realising.

I agree with Scapegoat, in fact I didn't even mind Jar Jar, I managed to get hold of a copy of The Phantom Menace a long time before it was out here so may be I had time to get used to him before others had the WTF moment.

In my humble opinion, the things wrong with the prequels were that it wasn't Star Wars 4-6, the films we'd grown up with, it was the story of how we got to where we were. The actors playing Anakin weren't great, George overdid the CGI by a long way, less advanced things looked more advanced than in the films set afterwards... etc.. And we were all a lot older and had lost the "Wow!" we had when we saw the first 3 films. I would love to know what kids thought of the prequels without their cynical parents telling them they weren't as good?

I was talking to a bloke at work (I work in IT, of course we talk about the new Star Wars trailer) and he said that he wasn't worried about the films as JJ Abrams has done such a good job with the Star Trek films and I have to agree with him there. I am excited about these new Star Wars films simply because it is Star Wars, I'll still watch and enjoy the prequels (Flying R2 aside, that bit will always annoy me) The third prequel is up there with the other three if you ask me and I can't believe there is still a whole year until I get to sit there with my popcorn watching Stormtroopers not shooting straight.

• 2 weeks later...

No doubt some will have watched numerous video reviews of the prequels but if I can recommend any (if you have the time as each films review is a good hour an half themselves) then I suggest Redlettermedia.com and the reviewer Mr Plinkett. Quite a humourous and well detailed critique!

For the record as much as I agree with all the points raised as to why they're :censored: I still don't mind watching them.