Liverpool's "famous atmosphere"

what a joke they were last night, a couple of quiet short chants across the whole of the first 80 minutes. Then they woke up. All the while you have Clive Tyldesley and then after the game that West Brom divvo suggesting how noisy they were - or did they think the Kop were singing in Swiss German?

The Liverpool atmosphere has now become one of the great myths of football to be wheeled out everytime they have a European night. Well the Kop roared their team into the Europa League last night, well done lads. They'll probably start piping in crowd noises the next time they make the Champions League

Now....Forza Roma! Up the CSKA!

I was actually cheering for Basel by the end of the game. I usually support the English teams in Europe but Brenton's 4-6-0 tactics in a game where they needed a win, their overpassing, Sterling's run for a bit, stop, wait, wave leg around and then lose possession, Gerrard's running through treacle then overhitting the ball drove me to be Swiss German. Good free kick from Gerrard and nicely gave the scousers hope but they were terrible last night, no wonder the crowd were quiet, I wouldn't cheer for that load of dross.

I was cheering for Johnny Foreigner from the get go. I love it when certain clubs from the 'world's greatest league' get their comeuppance. Liverpool heading for the Europa League would be far surpassed by City failing tonight though - that would be a great gift to all of humanity

I was cheering for Johnny Foreigner from the get go. I love it when certain clubs from the 'world's greatest league' get their comeuppance. Liverpool heading for the Europa League would be far surpassed by City failing tonight though - that would be a great gift to all of humanity

You keep harping on with this anti-City angle.

Which is fair and reasonable, as they are against natural order, reason, justice and God.

you know as well as I that they were raised by Jackals. Their current ascendancy can only mean the end times are coming

When the time comes for me to retreat to my log cabin on Blackstone Edge I fully expect City fans to eat the bulk of the lead I will be pumping out.

That bloody plastic Irishman at the side of Tyldesley really got me riled..........Gerrard this and Gerrard that and a magificent Gerrard goal which was good but no better than the other goals he's scored from a free-kick. And not a patch on that goal scored by Frei.....quick passing build up and a controlled shot which really showed what a poor team Liverpool at the moment.

You keep harping on with this anti-City angle.

Which is fair and reasonable, as they are against natural order, reason, justice and God.

We know it's the sign of a true fan to watch your team away against Gillingham, but it's unforgivable to leave with thousands of other true fans before the end of normal time.

When we have played them at Anfield in recent years, the "famous atmosphere" was definitely missing. Whether this was down to playing us I dont know, but one thing is certain, the only fans singing last night were not scouse.

all seater stadiums kill atmospheres but so does membership of the Premier League. Be interesting to see if the Kopites try to resurrect things, they must all know it's finished and they're trading on history - which I guess is what their whole club is about! I know the Crystal Palace ultras arent everyone's cup of tea but there's no denying that place is rocking, a few more clubs should follow that lead