Clarke Carlisle

pukka

Well in that case, he's bang out of order for getting an innocent lorry driver involved. One of my old football coaches was a train driver and had someone jump in front of him and he never got over it, quit his job and had counselling for years...

Whilst I agree with sentiment towards the lorry driver, until you've been in that dark place, you'll never know what goes on in your mind at the time.

Whilst I agree with sentiment towards the lorry driver, until you've been in that dark place, you'll never know what goes on in your mind at the time.

Perhaps I'm being ignorant, but, if he was so desperate to do it, why not just taking himself away somewhere quiet instead of getting other people involved in it...

Perhaps I'm being ignorant, but, if he was so desperate to do it, why not just taking himself away somewhere quiet instead of getting other people involved in it...

having spent an hour talking a young lady out of throwing herself under a train the reason why they involve others are many and complex some times its a cry for help sometimes its to embarrass someone and let the world know how they have let the person down some times its the easy option some times its the hard one and some times it takes a brave person to go through with it

I've had depression but never had suicidal thoughts. It did turn my mind to mush though with some piss poor decisions taken during that period.

While I often view those who attempt suicide as selfish I think it's fair to say that their mind must be in a pretty :censored:ty place, perhaps wildly detached from reality. Whatever point they're trying to make they will probably have given no consideration to the existence of a train / lorry / car driver should they choose that approach, let alone the longer term impacts.