Body Bag League III - 2015 discussion thread

Matt

Not a celebrity, (not that it seems to matter on some peoples lists), Viv Nicholson famous for "spend, spend, spend". Pools winner dies after suffering dementia for the last 5 years, aged 79. The money should have brought her happiness but 2 husbands died in car crashes also a couple of other failed marriages, along with alcoholism and depression. Sometimes you may be better off without it.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a celebrity, (not that it seems to matter on some peoples lists), Viv Nicholson famous for "spend, spend, spend". Pools winner dies after suffering dementia for the last 5 years, aged 79. The money should have brought her happiness but 2 husbands died in car crashes also a couple of other failed marriages, along with alcoholism and depression. Sometimes you may be better off without it.

I bet if you were able to ask her though, she wouldn't have changed a thing. You can't take the moolah with you, she came from nothing and won about £3.5 million in today's money and had an absolute ball!

Money can't prevent life from happening and it doesn't buy happiness, it just buys better quality and quantities of booze/whatever to drown the misery out. And on that cheery note, Happy Monday!

I bet if you were able to ask her though, she wouldn't have changed a thing. You can't take the moolah with you, she came from nothing and won about £3.5 million in today's money and had an absolute ball!

Money can't prevent life from happening and it doesn't buy happiness, it just buys better quality and quantities of booze/whatever to drown the misery out. And on that cheery note, Happy Monday!

^That. Happiness is moments, at best, before the meaninglessness of existence creeps back in with all the subtlety of a plane crashing into a mountain.

People talk about Nicholson's money, but take that away and she's just like the rest of us, steaming from crisis to crisis, and from one fresh and pulsating grief to another, before yielding to dementia, an unremitting destroyer of worlds.

If we can win two and draw two, that top half finish is ours.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't James Garner (played Jim Rockford) die last year? Or is there another Jim Rockford and I'm a right spangle?

Yes James Garner died last year, I maybe wrong but I think Jim Rockford was an American footballer (awaits correction).

Ben E King 76, legendary singer. If I could do such a thing I would post the video for Spanish Harlem, outstanding vocalist.

BB King is Dead and Cold.

Billie Jean King is :censored:ting herself.

Edited by opinions4u