The 2014/15 Prediction League Cup Thread

Stevie_J

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the second time running, both simoncorneyisgod and Zorrro failed to field any eligible players. I hadn't really prepared for such an eventuality. I was tempted to boot them both out and either draw a replacement from the first round losers or to give a bye to their second round opponents. However, I'll give them one last chance - their replay will now be the midweek game against Rochdale. If they both fail to predict again, I'll go back to the original plan to draw a team from the first round losers to hand a lifeline to.

Thanks to the postponement of tonight's game, the replay rolls on to Gillingham on Saturday.

Thanks to the postponement of tonight's game, the replay rolls on to Gillingham on Saturday.

*Sigh*

No predictions from Zorrro or simoncorneyisgod yet again, which means they're both booted out of the cup. One of the losing teams from the 1st round will now be drawn to take their place in round 2.

Sorry, only just got around to reading all this. The CE debacle has left me with a bad taste in my mouth re: Oldham, so other than reading the odd topic on here out of habit I haven't been paying any attention to the football side of things.

I'd have forfeited earlier if you'd just asked me :lol:

Sorry, only just got around to reading all this. The CE debacle has left me with a bad taste in my mouth re: Oldham, so other than reading the odd topic on here out of habit I haven't been paying any attention to the football side of things.

I'd have forfeited earlier if you'd just asked me :lol:

No worries. I know what you mean, re. the bad taste. Events since haven't made the taste any better.

^Rude's desperate for it, so I suppose the cup is at least nearing the bottom of the public's estimation.

I'm still in it, unlike you.

I'm also not far off a prize in the league, unlike you.

When you are fighting on two fronts you need the preparation time. I didn't knock out the Champ away from home just by turning up.

You, however, are only playing for a place in the top flight. Now pipe down and let the big boys and girls get down to the serious nitty gritty.

I'm still in it, unlike you.

I'm also not far off a prize in the league, unlike you.

When you are fighting on two fronts you need the preparation time. I didn't knock out the Champ away from home just by turning up.

You, however, are only playing for a place in the top flight. Now pipe down and let the big boys and girls get down to the serious nitty gritty.

You're right. I'm sorry. You're absolutely massive. It's just that you've won :censored: all so you don't really register with me.

To answer his question, no I'm not.

However, if I keep getting tough away draws I might become so.

2nd v 4th has the tie of the round feel to it. It also has the feel of a cup final in the 2nd round. Having knocked out the Champ in the last round I'm not frightened of anyone.

After being taken to a replay in round one, cup holder JoshOWTB marches into the quarter finals with a 5-1 demolition of chickenbaltipie.

League leader Ex_pat will be relieved that his single point was enough to put out a hapless Laticsbiffo.

disjointed grasped the lifeline second round place handed to him by booking his place in the last eight with a win over New Blue.

Meanwhile, nzlatic put out RobOAFC, whose prediction was late but wouldn't have been enough in any case, and struggler Stevie_J knocked out high-flying warwickshire latics.

Six teams still have a quarter final berth to play for with three of this weekend's ties drawn. Those replays will take place next weekend.

The results in full:
Craig D 3-3 LaticsPete
oafc21 1-1 rudemedic
astottie 2-2 underdog
nzlatic 3-0 RobOAFC*
chickenbaltipie 1-5 JoshOWTB
Ex_pat 1-0 Laticsbiffo
New Blue 1-3 disjointed
warwickshire latics 0-3 Stevie_J