The 2014/15 Prediction League Cup Thread

Stevie_J

*bump*

Thought I'd better give this a bump to stop everyone losing interest in a tarnished and tired competition.

I assumed you'd just popped up to acknowledge Eli's disinterest in the ailing cup competition.

Fortunately I am not disjointed, seems like Chicken baltipie is the draw master favourite, although Stevie came a close 2nd, what was on Joes shoulder it looked like something out of Chicken Run.

Good luck Newblue I am only in by default, feel like a fraud.

Chickenbaltipie is definitely his favourite. He checked which number it was before we started the video. On Joe's shoulder was Peter Bear (who he's had since he was born), just keeping an eye that everything was done properly.

To answer his question, no I'm not.

However, if I keep getting tough away draws I might become so.

I'll let him know but don't hold your breath for any favourable treatment.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Referee!

For me it's the right decision. To be fair, I'd be surprised if it doesn't result in suspension or expulsion.

The bar has been set previously, but in the interest of fairness I would have allowed your prediction to stand.

Can I also say I think this is the best cup competition in the world.

It seems as though the cup ref and the league ref have had different views on it. Rob's gotten the points for the league.

I've let the League prediction stand as it was posted at 3:00pm and, according to my watch, the game kicked off at 3:02pm. You're a lucky sod, Rob, but it made no difference to you League position :tongue1: . However, it was ungentlemanly conduct, so :yellowcard: . Any more of it and it will be :redcard::devilish::grin:

That late Winchester goal scraped me over the line, it is a cruel game Laticsbiffo.

We have not conceded a goal yet in this competition. Keep it up!

In the next round I want one of the of the replay teams. Hopefully they will be worn out by the time they play us.

Dare I dream of the double?

I've let the League prediction stand as it was posted at 3:00pm and, according to my watch, the game kicked off at 3:02pm. You're a lucky sod, Rob, but it made no difference to you League position :tongue1: . However, it was ungentlemanly conduct, so :yellowcard: . Any more of it and it will be :redcard::devilish::grin:

To be fair, predictions are supposed to be submitted before the stated kick-off time, i.e. 15:00.00. But it seems that Bristolatic's good nature and leniency has bagged you a couple of points in the league, Rob.

For me it's the right decision. To be fair, I'd be surprised if it doesn't result in suspension or expulsion.

Just a simple honest mistake, got a bit unprofessional and relaxed after my easy first round win.

To be fair, predictions are supposed to be submitted before the stated kick-off time, i.e. 15:00.00. But it seems that Bristolatic's good nature and leniency has bagged you a couple of points in the league, Rob.

Thanks for the kindness Bristol, was in a last minute panic! I'll send some money playershare's way after payday.

Good luck to nzlatic in the next round, should do well in the latter stages of the Cup.

Just a simple honest mistake, got a bit unprofessional and relaxed after my easy first round win.

Thanks for the kindness Bristol, was in a last minute panic! I'll send some money playershare's way after payday.

Good luck to nzlatic in the next round, should do well in the latter stages of the Cup.

Cheers mate. Although I probably won't be able to rely on heroic attendance predictions every time.

Shameless bribery. I'm wondering about the integrity of this competition and am thinking about forming a breakaway league with solid rules. Who's coming with me?

The six teams still fighting it out for a place in the last eight of the cup competition found points very hard to come by today. Much like Latics, Craig D didn't show up and LaticsPete managed to found a single point on his way to the next round.

The teams involved in the other two ties couldn't be separated on points and so both were decided by closest attendance predictions. rudemedic scraped through thanks to a prediction only seventy-odd better that oafc21. After finishing all square, underdog had no problem dispatching astottie and progressing to the quarter final stage once it came down to attendance

LaticsPete 1-0 Craig D*

* - No prediction from Craig D

rudemedic 1-1 oafc21**

** - rudemedic wins on closest attendance prediction.

underdog 0-0 astottie***

*** - underdog wins on closest attendance prediction.

• 2 weeks later...

Controversy as the number 13 brick is replaced by the number 8 brick. The lads will have to put this controversy behind them if they want to pick up a result against an experienced campaigner like Latics_Pete. I have already warned them that they need to improve their poor run of form to stand any chance of a good result.

An entertaining quarter final weekend saw LaticsPete edge a nine-point thriller against rudemedic to book his place in the last four. Cup holder JoshOWTB crashed out to league struggler Stevie_J, for whom the cup fairytale continues into the semi finals. Runaway league leader, Ex_pat suffered a 5-1 humiliation at the hands of astottie and Disjointed and nzlatic will go again next weekend following a hard fought 4-4 draw.

Results in full:

Disjointed 4-4 nzlatic

JoshOWTB 0-4 Stevie_J

astottie 5-1 Ex_pat

rudemedic 4-5 LaticsPete