Barry Owen

Barry Owen is not the fans representative, he used the opportunity during those dark days post Moore to get himself into the clubs organisation and should have very soon after relinquished any claim to be the voice of the fans.

At a minimum, there should be a regular election for such an important position (of-course I'm joking there as clubs really don't give a :censored: about the fans)

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Owen's position is fan's representative on the board so we can effectively vote him off and his position taken by another fan on the board.

The impression I now get though is that Owen's position on the board is dictated by the board rather than us fans. He seems to be Corney's mouthpiece in his absence and represents them in the media rather than Neil Joy or other board directors.

Similar to others on here who have seen him in action; he's arrogant in his role, ignorant of who actually put him in his role in the first place, swans around the boardroom acting like an actual director cum investor and enjoys all the trappings of being a board director distancing himself more and more from us fans in the directors box. Does he actually buy a ticket now?!

Signing Evans appears to have Owen's fingerprints all over it; totally ignorant of and dismissive to what the fans feel over this possible signing.

Owen needs to stand down or be voted off so that someone who's still a representative of the fans on the board rather than a fan playing board director.

I am not a member of the trust as I view this 'fan on the board' as a dictatorship. It appears Barry is not accountable to trust members and serves merely as a mouth-piece to Corney. The fans' views are not represented by this man. His role is just to patronize the fans. I am sure this was not one of the goals of the trust during the dark days. It defeats the object of a representative on the board.

With the way Barry has again misread the feeling amongst the fans he represents isnt it time we as a group of fans put a concerted effort into getting rid of this buffoon ?

Regardless of whether we sign him, Barry is a fans representative on the board. He should represent the fans views. Has he even discussed this with members of the trust to gauge an opinion? To be honest, if SC wants him on the board he should give him a position, and then he can stop pretending to be a fans representative, and we can have an actual voice on the board, rather than someone pretending to be one.

The more i hear about this Evans saga the more convinced i am that is has been a one man crusade to yet again try and get a leg up the Latics boardroom.

This guy is just out to improve his own position and has just used the so called position of "Fans voice" to enhance that position.

Only a concerted effort and online protest made known to the board will have any effect on his position.

If it transpires that Barry had significant involvement in the Evans deal then his position as a representative of the fans at board level is untenable. Corney values his input at board level and may wish to keep him on in that capacity but Barry hasn't spoken for me as a fan for a long time.

As a member of the trust I do not see the chairman having any credibility regarding Trust Oldham matters and should now step aside and allow someone with the long term future of the club at heart a chance to lead the trust.

Any person who has a position of representing the average fan at a significant level within the club or the trust should have taken note of the overwhelming sense of unease with pursuing any contact with Evans, Barry has failed to do that and as such should for the good of the trust and the club step down as chairman of the trust and relinquish any notion of being a fans representative.

The more i hear about this Evans saga the more convinced i am that is has been a one man crusade to yet again try and get a leg up the Latics boardroom.

This guy is just out to improve his own position and has just used the so called position of "Fans voice" to enhance that position.

Only a concerted effort and online protest made known to the board will have any effect on his position.

He is up for election soon, possibly this year-dates anyone?

I thought that he would have to be voted in or out by Trust Members (not by the Trust Directors) Clarification please?

He can keep his place on the Board-that would be entirely decided by Corney, but a Replacement WILL have a seat on the Board

He is up for election soon, possibly this year-dates anyone?

I thought that he would have to be voted in or out by Trust Members (not by the Trust Directors) Clarification please?

He can keep his place on the Board-that would be entirely decided by Corney, but a Replacement WILL have a seat on the Board

it is only the Trust Directors, bizarre isn't it.

Then we should let them know how unhappy the fans are about his position.

The one thing that this Evans fiasco has proved is that fan power still has a place !!!

I attended one of the recent open forums and think that it will be Trust Members who decide but Underdog and C Hill could clarify this!

What struck me as strange was that Barry seemed to be trying to nominate his successor-obvioulsy from within his close colleagues!

The bloke is a Plank-it took him less than 30 minutes to illustrate this completely to me

Vote him out, don't vote him out, it won't make any difference, Corney stopped caring about the supporters a long time ago.

Unfortunately I do agree completely with you! Barry is involved within the club on a daily basis because he is on a Police pension and does as he is told by SC!

However a Fans rep would be attending the Board Meeting today and going mad about this :censored: brought upon our (Yes it is OURS) Club supposedly against the wishes of the Manager.

Unfortunately I do agree completely with you! Barry is involved within the club on a daily basis because he is on a Police pension and does as he is told by SC!

However a Fans rep would be attending the Board Meeting today and going mad about this :censored: brought upon our (Yes it is OURS) Club supposedly against the wishes of the Manager.

i think the the so called voice of the fans has initiated the whole Evans fiasco himself.

Just like he took the lead in the Hughes signing he has tried to do the same with Evans.

No doubt the intent is to be the blue eyed boy in SC eyes.

Unfortunately this time it has backfired massively and if he wants to pursue a position on the board he should do so but not in the disguise of being the fans voice.

Edited by losesome

i think the the so called voice of the fans has initiated the whole Evans fiasco himself.

Just like he took the lead in the Hughes signing he has tried to do the same with Evans.

No doubt the intent is to be the blue eyed boy in SC eyes.

Unfortunately this time it has backfired massively and if he wants to pursue a position on the board he should do so but not in the disguise of being the fans voice.

He's on the board, and no doubt would stay there regardless if the Trust gave him a vote of no confidence or whatever.

In my eyes the 'fans rep' thing expired a long while ago, he appears to pays lip service to it at best these days.