So What Now?

Markoasis

Adele suggested this. We go round to someone's local team each time, depending on the direction. If we're playing Crawley, we go somewhere south. If we're playing Bristol Citeh, we go west.

But on 21 Feb we're going to see the Cozzers go down. Maybe we should go support whoever is playing the Cozzers.

My missus said the exact same thing mate - and it's rare I agree with one woman, let alone two (nice bit of casual sexism seems appropriate given the circumstances, no?) but I think they're spot on... I'll be honest if we're just doing DHFC every time I'll not be at them all (it's over an hour and half from my place). But if we can mix it up, catch some games around the houses then I'd be more than happy!

Oasis is my Latics family and I am sure how ever this plays out we will remain this

Love you too you big bummer (bit of homophobia mixed in for good measure! Can't go taking too much of a moral high ground now can we!?)

Agree with all the mushy sentiments. Amongst this travesty it would be terrible if the OASIS we know were pulled apart as well.

Great suggestion from the WAGs too. We can't just stick to London non-league games for our footie fix - I was foreseeing a profit warning from M&S as sales of green lager plummet. The consequences of the club's senselessness know no bounds...

My missus said the exact same thing mate - and it's rare I agree with one woman, let alone two (nice bit of casual sexism seems appropriate given the circumstances, no?) but I think they're spot on... I'll be honest if we're just doing DHFC every time I'll not be at them all (it's over an hour and half from my place). But if we can mix it up, catch some games around the houses then I'd be more than happy!

Love you too you big bummer (bit of homophobia mixed in for good measure! Can't go taking too much of a moral high ground now can we!?)

Hamlet play quite a few games around London, like I said earlier they play away at Hampton soon. Looking at a few other clubs sounds good.

A RL game anyone ?

Edited by Markoasis

I'm not one of The Smoke Mob, but I am down South. Sort of. And know a fair few of you if only by sight. I know where I'll be on alternating Saturday afternoons. Watching Bath City with my mate who has been coming to Latics with me for the past 14 years. I can go to his house, drink his coffee, eat his cakes and then rock up at Twerton Park. Latics will be back in favour once certain folk are no longer there. Well, one of 'em any road.

To those I may not see again for some considerable time, take care, stay safe and enjoy whatever your footy fix may be.

Oldham Athletic have decided against signing convicted rapist Ched Evans following threats to the club's "staff and their families" So not because they saw it as being wrong ???

Not sure if I'm in or not ..... discussed at Corney / Barry etc If they still give Corney a golden 'legend' brick it's a disgrace!!

Edited by Markoasis

Very glad that Evans is (apparently) not signing. But if true the reasons why make the whole saga even more depressing. What sort of protester against employing a rapist achieves their goal by threatening rape on someone else's family member???

On other matters I did mean it that if any of you ever fancy it you're very welcome to hop over on the Eurostar (or coach if you're skint) and watch a game/drink heavily over here

Very glad that Evans is (apparently) not signing. But if true the reasons why make the whole saga even more depressing. What sort of protester against employing a rapist achieves their goal by threatening rape on someone else's family member???

On other matters I did mean it that if any of you ever fancy it you're very welcome to hop over on the Eurostar (or coach if you're skint) and watch a game/drink heavily over here

GMP saying they phoned the club to get a statement about these threats. The club told GMP there were no threats to report.

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of this thread reminds me of discussions when Latics looked like going out of business. The plan of action was to get the group of old OASISites together to form a three or four outings a year group to sporting fixtures with the proviso that none of them would ever be football.

Suspect it would have worked out better that way