Any Rumours

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to The Sun the Latics are in for 6' 6" goalkeeper Jamal Blackman of Chelsea.

He made his full debut on 23 September 2014 against Liverpool in the third round of the League Cup as Boro drew 2–2 after 120 minutes but lost 13–14 in the resulting penalty shoot-out

Sounds like another Etheridge :)

Didnt Brandy turn us down at some point in past or priced himself out of running. Bit like Jon Newby went on to have stellar careers

IIRC correctly we lined up a March loan deal for him when he was on Man Utd's books.

It fell through when he demanded a £7k signing on fee.

I have constructed a rumour.

Jamie Jones of Preston to Latics. Now understudy of Stuckmann and they're also after Sam Johnstone of United, who played for Doncaster against us last week.

From Liverpool so doesn't live far away. Will be on first choice keeper wages at PNE so they'll want to offload him if he's 3rd in line. Established at League 1 level.

Any news on Jabo? I'd have him back, he had 3 really good games for us (Cov, Sheff U, Doncaster), and if he was suffering from an injury, that would account for a lot of the less impressive stuff between the Sheff and Donny games. I know he only scored twice for us, and he missed a few chances, but he got in the right places, was an effective target man, bringing others into play etc. If he's 100% fit and with a bit more confidence after his goal on Sat, he could be really useful.