New Manager thread.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No rush says Joy;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31640722

Dean Holden quote;

"Every experience in life we go through is an opportunity to put your own spin on something. I'll attack it like I've done with every experience I've had which is with honesty, hard work and passion, I've a sickening work ethic which I have always prided myself on."

I'm getting quite optimistic now - which is unusual for me.

I'm reading the "no rush" to mean we'll give Holden and Lockwood a go and if they don't work out we'll go for someone else then

Me to my potentially devasted 8 yar old son. " Our manager has gone to another club."

Me: Barnsley

Son: "They are not very good are they?"

Me: Erm, they get more supporters, more money to spend.

Son: Well, we can get a better manager can't we.

Me: I hope we can.

Son: We did lose quite a lot

Iain Dowie back would be good. Or Mike Newell, other than his spell at Grimsby he did alright. The outside bet would be Ched Evans, if no-one will let him play, at least let him manage.

As for Lee Johnson going, let's see what's in my give a :censored: pocket? Nope, nothing there, it's empty. Just his voice wound me up, he sounded like he should be mincing about on Canal Street, not managing a football club.

Corney will definitely ask him - he'd tried to convince him to play for us!

But suspect the Times story today indicates that he's said no, or at the very least has said 'I'm not sure, but I'll have a think'.

Now a few tweets coming out re Sheridan - and I bet he's next on the phonelist, a 'would you consider it?' call has probably already been made.

Corney was very keen on Sheridan last time. But contract issues perhaps (had he just started at Plymouth then?), and then the Dowie drive from fans grew, so he looked in that direction - and then the recommendation by Dalglish (when, where, how? anyway...) on LJ happened...

Corney will definitely ask him - he'd tried to convince him to play for us!

But suspect the Times story today indicates that he's said no, or at the very least has said 'I'm not sure, but I'll have a think'.

Now a few tweets coming out re Sheridan - and I bet he's next on the phonelist, a 'would you consider it?' call has probably already been made.

Corney was very keen on Sheridan last time. But contract issues perhaps (had he just started at Plymouth then?), and then the Dowie drive from fans grew, so he looked in that direction - and then the recommendation by Dalglish (when, where, how? anyway...) on LJ happened...

Corney can't make a call to anyone who's currently contracted to a club, he would have to ask the club for permission to speak to the manager first. So if he does try to speak to Shez we'll get to hear all about it like we did when Barnsley made an approach for LJ. Edited by ghostofcecere

Corney can't make a call to anyone who's currently contracted to a club, he would have to ask the club for permission to speak to the manager first. So if he does try to speak to Shez we'll get to hear all about it like we did when Barnsley made an approach for LJ.

Totally agree those are the rules, but it doesn't work like that in real life I bet.....

Holden would not be surprised if we made Scholes our new manager according to The Mirror

And I would not be surprised if in true Latics unpredictable fashion, we won our remaining 15 games without conceding a goal only to crash 8-0 on aggregate in the playoff semis. #typicallatics

Edited by L1onheartNew

Warburton is a pipe dream. We'd have to pay compensation to a club who would themselves have to find a new manager to come in on an interim basis and risk undermining their push for the Premier League.

Plus he'll walk into a Championship job when he departs Griffin Park.