New Manager thread.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said previously there is no chance Dowie will give up his TV job for a 3 month deal.

You are quite probably right but he is more likely to do so than for a longer one . Short term gives chance to reappraise whether management is for him again and if we are the right fit

You are quite probably right but he is more likely to do so than for a longer one . Short term gives chance to reappraise whether management is for him again and if we are the right fit

Jason McAteer gave up a tv contract in Singapore worth a fortune to go to Tranmere with John Barnes........whilst he is getting a bit of work out there again he wishes now he would stayed put!

Edited by Simoncorneyisgod

Rosler still in at 10. Does anyone know where he's based? London or Manchester (besides Germany)?

'Rosler has lived in Manchester since his return to the UK following his time as a player and manager in Norway. Indeed, he became a long distance commuter during his two years in charge at League One Brentford'.

Edited by BP1960

Personally I'd go for the short term thing given our position. Eg, my pick would be Dowie and I'd say come in on a contract til the end of the season, play off bonus, promotion bonus, then sit down again at the end of the season and see if it's the right thing for both parties going forward.

Amazingly we're still in with a great shout of the play offs if (and that's a big if) we can turn the form around very quickly.

Dowies obvious advantage is that he would get the fans onside but is he that keen to get back into management? He's been out for quite sometime now and the way things change it's probably a very different game to what he was in before.

If he was to take charge of us tomorrow would he know our strengths and weaknesses and how to address them and what would he know about how to take on port vale what their strengths and weaknesses are.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Dowies obvious advantage is that he would get the fans onside but is he that keen to get back into management? He's been out for quite sometime now and the way things change it's probably a very different game to what he was in before.

If he was to take charge of us tomorrow would he know our strengths and weaknesses and how to address them and what would he know about how to take on port vale what their strengths and weaknesses are.

No idea, never met him.

I'd guess he probably doesn't have a 100 day dossier prepared but we have a team of people scouting opposition and a lot of data available to whoever the new manager is.

Don't get the obsession with Dowie. He might have been good 10 years ago, but he's not been too successful since, and not actually managed for a few years. Wouldn't be long term, wouldn't be worth the money.

Just seen a few retweets on Twitter from Plymouth fans that Sheridan wasn't there today for training or media stuff. 2 + 2 = 5?

From their forum:

"If i'm right (and i think i am) Sheridan never does the Monday press conference when we have a (might just be away) game on the Tuesday."

Plus they've seen Radio Mancs tweet saying Corney's still in touch with Shez and I think their fans have come up with a 2+2=5

From their forum:

"If i'm right (and i think i am) Sheridan never does the Monday press conference when we have a (might just be away) game on the Tuesday."

Plus they've seen Radio Mancs tweet saying Corney's still in touch with Shez and I think their fans have come up with a 2+2=5

A few posts after someone heard the interview. Nowt mentioned before. I like Shez but I'm not sure it'd be the right move for either party. They don't seem to be mad keen on him... Always thought he was doing a good job.

Neil Adams. He can bring with him that experienced fella he had working in an advisory role with him at Norwich, what's his name, Joe someone...

He didn't really get a fair crack with them, had some good results though before he left. Worth a shot I reckon.

Edited by One-Size

Neil Adams. He can bring with him that experienced fella he had working in an advisory role with him at Norwich, what's his name, Joe someone...

He didn't really get a fair crack with them, had some good results though before he left. Worth a shot I reckon.

Adams is currently "taking a break from football" - not sure why. He returns to Norwich in July, back to the youth set up I think...