New Manager thread.

Results last night could only have been improved by Barnsley drawing. 6th place still beckons and the manager jumps ship. If pushing for a play off place is important we need an experienced manager now to give us a chance against Preston. Will we get one? I think not! I suspect a player/manager from the current squad.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be honest. The Scholes link actually makes some sense if Corney has allowed LJ & Co to go with the position we are in.

If he came in, with a decent backroom staff, the crowds would pick up, morale will soar, his decision to let LJ go may be forgotten about quickly enough.

If LJ goes, I think we'll go for a similar system. First time manager, lots of coaching badges, supported by Tommy and Locky.

As it nearly worked, I suspect the same.

Not sure who would be in the frame with that profile.

Would personally love someone with a record of getting out of this division on a low budget though, as we have the best chance for years.

That amy appeal to some who would not look at us normally.

And add in a promotioin bonus, could tempt a few suprise candidates I hope.

Doubt Dowie would come back.

Wanted to come back last time, but SC wouldn't offer him a two-year deal and chose to hire an inexperienced 31 year-old, probably because it was the "cheap option." Why would he want to come to us now?

I question whether Scholes would be a good appointment. Seems to know what he's talking about when he's on ITV/BT, however, does he have the right personality? I'm not so sure.

Don't know who i'd have at this stage... Hope it's not a knee-jerk appointment though, the long-term is the most important, even if we are just outside of the play-off's.

Maybe Scholes, the Neville's and Butt could buy out SC, and manage the team as well? TP could take Brooklyn Beckham into the youth set up and get his dad on board too. Problems solved.

Edited by BP1960

Schools would be my first choice. Obviously he has no managerial experience and probably doesn't understand the 3rd/4th tier like a lot of managers, but as a player I'm not sure there's many more respectable players around than Scholes and, if I was a player, he's one I'd love to learn from. From the fans point of view it would create such a buzz around the place! A deal until the end of the season would be ideal for both us and him then we could decide long term from there.

More realistically though, Philliskirk would be a safe pair of hands or we'll go for another rookie manager with potential. I don't feel an experienced manager would be worth the commitment and Holden and Murray, who I'm sure are decent enough coaches, shouldn't be considered.

Schools would be my first choice. Obviously he has no managerial experience and probably doesn't understand the 3rd/4th tier like a lot of managers, but as a player I'm not sure there's many more respectable players around than Scholes and, if I was a player, he's one I'd love to learn from. From the fans point of view it would create such a buzz around the place! A deal until the end of the season would be ideal for both us and him then we could decide long term from there.

More realistically though, Philliskirk would be a safe pair of hands or we'll go for another rookie manager with potential. I don't feel an experienced manager would be worth the commitment and Holden and Murray, who I'm sure are decent enough coaches, shouldn't be considered.

I love Philliskirk but I'm still utterly bemused that he dropped Smith for the FA Cup tie with Everton. Leave him where he is.