Lee Johnson - A question for Simon Corney

Believe me or don't believe me and I won't reveal my source due to their job but I have it on good authority that LJ was not only supportive of signing Ched Evans but was a key driver of it - and for its worth I can't stand Barry Owen so no I'm not looking out for him. Johnson's gone Latics haven't let's look to Saturday

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe me or don't believe me and I won't reveal my source due to their job but I have it on good authority that LJ was not only supportive of signing Ched Evans but was a key driver of it - and for its worth I can't stand Barry Owen so no I'm not looking out for him. Johnson's gone Latics haven't let's look to Saturday

We do need to get behind the team. I took to what Johnson was doing here, his meeting with the fans in the first 12 months were positive signs. If it comes out that he was driving the Evans debacle though, the man will have lost all respect from me.

And as a additional point, I agree with you on Owen.

This. This is exactly the reason I posted what I did. And I was told this during the week whilst it was all going on. I've never brought it up previously because I thought it was better to let sleeping dogs lie, and because I was told in confidence, but when Johnson let the board take all that :censored:e, he went right down in my estimation!

This. This is exactly the reason I posted what I did. And I was told this during the week whilst it was all going on. I've never brought it up previously because I thought it was better to let sleeping dogs lie, and because I was told in confidence, but when Johnson let the board take all that :censored:e, he went right down in my estimation!

But, shouldn't a good owner/board be willing to protect their manager (or allow him to insulate himself) in such a situation?

Greater good and all that....

But, shouldn't a good owner/board be willing to protect their manager (or allow him to insulate himself) in such a situation?

Greater good and all that....

Yeah of course, and at the time that's what they did. I still thought he was a little :censored:house for not having the courage to say he supported the board in their decision to try to sign him, particularly a he was driving the deal from what I was told.

By not doing so he made himself look weak by looking like he was having a player forced on him.

In truth he's a lying little weasel, and he repayed the club for taking the flak by :censored:ing off at the first opportunity.

It's the same as all this balls about it "not being able to take the club any further and it being the right time for him to go". We're 2 points outside the playoffs, heading for our best placed finish for years. Would his stock really have gone down that much by May?!

Sorry mate, he's a lying snake who made mugs of all of us.

Edited by danoafc

Yeah of course, and at the time that's what they did. I still thought he was a little :censored:house for not having the courage to say he supported the board in their decision to try to sign him, particularly a he was driving the deal from what I was told.

By not doing so he made himself look weak by looking like he was having a player forced on him.

In truth he's a lying little weasel, and he repayed the club for taking the flak by :censored:ing off at the first opportunity.

It's the same as all this balls about it "not being able to take the club any further and it being the right time for him to go". We're 2 points outside the playoffs, heading for our best placed finish for years. Would his stock really have gone down that much by May?!

Sorry mate, he's a lying snake who made mugs of all of us.

I'd love us to live in a world where a manager of a football club didn't have to be a political animal (or :censored:, whatever you want to call it) but, unfortunately, we don't....

Him being our :censored: got us as high in the league as we've been in years....

I'd love us to live in a world where a manager of a football club didn't have to be a political animal (or :censored:, whatever you want to call it) but, unfortunately, we don't....

Him being our :censored: got us as high in the league as we've been in years....

Agreed. He's still dropped us like hot :censored: though.

Preciosu few people resign on a point of principle without another jobt o go to. Plenty of people see something going on at their employer that they don't agree with and decide that they will move on as soon as a decent opportunity to do so comes along

Whilst I agree with your overall point Dave, Football is not comparable to the ordinary job. There T&C's are not the same.

But even if we do compare it to an ordinary job, people resign on point of principle.

Many more however,e resign because their job becomes untenable and are constructively dismissed.

In the case of Ched Evans, if he was being forced to sign and play Ched Evans, then his position would be untenable.

Add in his guff about Due Dilligence and not signing anyone that would disrupt the team then he had even more reason to resign andclaim constructive dismissal (in an ordinary employees terms)

He'd have the LMA backing him and would have got a significant sum from suing Corney. A manager suing an owner is not that unusual in football, and as we know, even at our level.

Johnson is a very wealthy man. I don't mean comparatively. He made a fortune on his house and invited a magazine to show it.

I would expect him to resign if he was forced to sign Evans.

His stock was high, he would (and subsequently did) walk into another job so had little to lose in walking if he were forced.