1170 reasons to be cheerful

13,000 home fans, that's magnificent for this league isn't it, we wouldn't bring in that many in consistently in the Premiership!

It is magnificent, but it also has to be said they they don't have THE most successful Premier League team, and the richest Premier League team both within 10 or 12 miles of their ground either.

It is magnificent, but it also has to be said they they don't have THE most successful Premier League team, and the richest Premier League team both within 10 or 12 miles of their ground either.

Not to mention that Bradford has a population about five times bigger than Oldham.

From wiki and I know that's not 100% accurate, population figures

Bradford 522,452

Oldham 224,897

The town of Oldham has a population of a little over 100k but I appreciate that this opens up a debate of which areas of the Borough we should expect to pull from, Failsworth being one such area we've previously discussed at length!

• 2 weeks later...

Had just come on to see if anybody else had commented on the guardian story - truly horrific and highly plausible.

As one of the title pieces asks about the chairman - 'could somebody be so unlucky?'

History would say probably not.

Edited by whitey1980

That Guardian story is stunning, and very, very upsetting - certainly warrants an investigation.

I seem to remember been stood in the Chaddy hearing the rumors of a fire at Bradford, something that I was always aware was a risk at Oldham with cigs falling into the rubbish below the stand. To think someone could set fire to it deliberately never crossed my mind.

It's a chilling thought that someone might have intentionally sparked the stand at Bradford.

I dropped my packet of Embassy No.10 through the Chaddy boards many, many moons ago and a nice old boy in the club's employ took me out the back and through a little door in the back of the stand to retrieve them. It was like a bonfire under there, waiting to be lit!

Even at the time, as a daft teenager, I remember wondering why the hell they didn't remove so many decades worth of detritus.

That's horrifying. Well done to Martin Fletcher for pursuing it - how the hell has the chairman's past never come to light before now? A lot of people have said for years that Lord Popplewell's enquiry reached its conclusions far too quickly, this raises all kinds of questions as to why.

That's horrifying. Well done to Martin Fletcher for pursuing it - how the hell has the chairman's past never come to light before now? A lot of people have said for years that Lord Popplewell's enquiry reached its conclusions far too quickly, this raises all kinds of questions as to why.

https://twitter.com/pkelso/status/588398004329193472

https://twitter.com/pkelso/status/588398386258247680

https://twitter.com/pkelso/status/588398646938497024

That Guardian story is stunning, and very, very upsetting - certainly warrants an investigation.

Other survivors have accepted the findings of the initial inquiry, I wonder if the book is a device for him to deal with losing three generations of his family. I don't know what I'd do if I lost all my family in a horrific incident like the Bradford fire, probably look for answers. I hope he finds whatever it is that will somehow dull the everlasting pain that he wakes up with every single day of his life.