Lancashire 2015

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, singe said:

Making very heavy weather of a chase for 126.
Currently 32/3. Hameed out for 4 🙄

Now 55/4, a recovery from 32/4

Vilas leads the recovery and closes in on victory. 111/4. Extra care being taken on Nelson.

• 2 weeks later...

Good day yesterday for Lancashire v Leicestershire after a very shaky start. Really impressed with Josh Bohannon who batted well against not the best attack in the world. But looks a much needed prospect in the batting department.

4 hours ago, OldhamAthlete said:

Good day yesterday for Lancashire v Leicestershire after a very shaky start. Really impressed with Josh Bohannon who batted well against not the best attack in the world. But looks a much needed prospect in the batting department.

Good to hear. Rain could be a factor again.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I see Hameed has been released.   What an enigma.

Real shame the way things have turned out for him.  Hopefully he'll get fixed up at another club and find his way again.

Luke Wood is a top signing for next season.

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I see Hameed has been released.   What an enigma.

Struggled again this season, I was wrong about him, I thought his technique would see him score a shit load of runs this season. Good luck to the lad where ever he goes to next. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, SAV said:

I hate Vilas more than Al, Livingstone 19th over with Gleason and Mahmood and Parkinson with overs to spare COCK

I've got to agree about Livingstone bowling the 19th over with seam options available, especially with Bopara at the crease looking to put the spinners in the stand.

A definite error of judgement IMO.

1 hour ago, Hometownclub said:

I've got to agree about Livingstone bowling the 19th over with seam options available, especially with Bopara at the crease looking to put the spinners in the stand.

A definite error of judgement IMO.

It was but Vilas hasn’t got much wrong this season to be fair. I was at the game last night and you could see that Bopara had Livingstone’s number in his previous over so was very surprised to see him get the 19th, when Mahmood, Gleeson and Faulkner, who had all been pretty tight, had overs left. Saying that, Mahmood was smashed for a couple of sixes in a penultimate over not long ago - against Notts I think (Lancs got away with it on that occasion). There’s no guarantee Lancs would have won anyway but it was a shame that Parkinson wasn’t left with any chance in the last over. 

Great knock from Al Davies. 

28 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

It was but Vilas hasn’t got much wrong this season to be fair. I was at the game last night and you could see that Bopara had Livingstone’s number in his previous over so was very surprised to see him get the 19th, when Mahmood, Gleeson and Faulkner, who had all been pretty tight, had overs left. Saying that, Mahmood was smashed for a couple of sixes in a penultimate over not long ago - against Notts I think (Lancs got away with it on that occasion). There’s no guarantee Lancs would have won anyway but it was a shame that Parkinson wasn’t left with any chance in the last over. 

Great knock from Al Davies. 

I agree about Vilas and hindsight is a wonderful thing, but personally I like to see seam bowling at the death as I have often seen spinners disappearing out of the ground if someone really gets after them.

36 minutes ago, singe said:

Promotion won, again, 3rd time straight back up.
Winning as champions could be earned as early as Monday, just 5 pts needed. Middx game starts then.

Impressive performance after the T20 disappointment.  Good to see Bohannon get his first century (and then some) after being 98 not out earlier in the season.

Five points needed, providing Gloucestershire lose today, which looks very likely.

Good to win the CC2 title with such ease, but not making T20 Finals day was very disappointing after dominating the group stages.

Some excellent young players on the books at the moment, looking forward to seeing them in CC1 next season.

We have been very competitive in all formats, overall a good season.

2 hours ago, Hometownclub said:

Good to win the CC2 title with such ease, but not making T20 Finals day was very disappointing after dominating the group stages.

Some excellent young players on the books at the moment, looking forward to seeing them in CC1 next season.

We have been very competitive in all formats, overall a good season.

Good knocks from Livingstone and Croft yesterday, when everyone else seemed to struggle with the bat.  Great spell from Tom Bailey to destroy Middlesex's reply, although not sure about the LBW calls.

Looks good for next season, as you say.  Disappointing not to get to Finals Day - especially as no team has lost fewer games than Lancs in the competition.  Some of the stick Livingstone has taken from supposed Lancs fans on Twitter after the QF is awful though.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived